Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Ok, gearing up for this coming Saturdays show. Printed out a make shift window sticker and other ideas from other xlr owners. This is what I have so far. But really can't decide where the best place for this display can be. So here are some photos. This all depends on if the rain holds out. Pray for no rain

Show Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375973767-709836-jpgShow Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375973786-099880-jpgShow Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375973805-339969-jpg

Oh and yes that is a red die cast xlr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye372 View Post

Oh and yes that is a red die cast xlr
    You need to keep a close eye on the diecast if you take it to the show. Those things are going for good $$ on eBay these days!

You KNOW what it is!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Yes I figured. That's why I'm debating on using that. Unless I leave the top up and if the top is down then hiding it in the trunk. Or better yet just leaving it at home. Where it'll be safe. Because I want to show off the car and not worry about the die cast. If there was a way to plexiglass the half trunk space when the trunk is open and lock it up. Then I think that'll be better. But this is the 1st time taking the car to a show and displaying it. So I'm getting ideas. I c some vettes have their die casts on the engine block on a turn table.

06 infrared base

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Smile

To be completely honest, I'd leave the diecast model at home.

I have been to many, many car shows in my life and participated in quite a few as well. In my humble opinion, a nice car stands on its own and doesn't need "props".

A placard or display sign that explains details about the car, copies of original documents such as window stickers and build sheets or other relevant information is ok, as it helps the spectators understand more about a rare or unusual vehicle.

Just my opinion!

You KNOW what it is!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Yes. I'll leave the die cast at home and only use this. I went out the other day and bought a frame. 3.99 at Walgreens. I printed this off the computer and this explains about my ride and about our cars. Show Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375985187-605966-jpg

06 infrared base

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Red Jewel XLR

Yes. I'll leave the die cast at home and only use this. I went out the other day and bought a frame. 3.99 at Walgreens. I printed this off the computer and this explains about my ride and about our cars. Show Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375985187-605966-jpg

I agree about the diecast; they are nice to have, but no reason to display with the car for the main reason that it may disappear.
    Where did you find this to print off; I would like to do the same.
    thanks
    Rod
    aka mt

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

In regards to the window sticker. I went to the registry. Then I clicked on my name and it brought up the window sticker. In regards to the "top" part it was from another member on here. I think it's one of the Ontario Canada Members. I think just search the person under biz cards. I think the person is greytoad. I just cut and pasted Show Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375993424-152789-jpg the top portion of the hand built and yrs and the stuff pertaining to the xlr not greytoads. And then made my own poster. Cut and pasted my version using pages or any word process site
    Then used the bottom from the xlr header and the left is my personal pic

06 infrared base

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Red Jewel XLR

In regards to the window sticker. I went to the registry. Then I clicked on my name and it brought up the window sticker. In regards to the "top" part it was from another member on here. I think it's one of the Ontario Canada Members. I think just search the person under biz cards. I think the person is greytoad. I just cut and pasted Show Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375993424-152789-jpg the top portion of the hand built and yrs and the stuff pertaining to the xlr not greytoads. And then made my own poster. Cut and pasted my version using pages or any word process site
    Then used the bottom from the xlr header and the left is my personal pic

It came out looking VERY nice...
    Rod
    aka mt

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Thanks
    That one. pictured here is greytoads design.

06 infrared base

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Here mtrockett Show Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376008761-443658-jpgprint this out then go to your xlr on the registry. Then add your pics of your xlr. That's what I did for my sheet

06 infrared base

Show Us Your XLR 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

I Disagree about the diecast I'm lucky enough too found 2 in Silver base model so don't mind taking 1 along to a car show, but honestly around here I get so many comments about my models diecast! I have 2 sizes I display a small 1/64 and a larger 1/18 scale, weird thing is the small one top can be put up/ down but the hood/doors don't open like larger one although the trunk don't open on this larger one either!!

Thanks Dan Gouker
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Lucky you with your smaller and larger xlr die cast. I'm just glad to have the one. And the right color at least close to it. And the hood and door open but not trunk and the top doesn't raise and lower. Show Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376010338-899973-jpg

06 infrared base

Show Us Your XLR 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Lucky you with your smaller and larger xlr die cast. I'm just glad to have the one. And the right color at least close to it. And the hood and door open but not trunk and the top doesn't raise and lower. Show Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376010338-899973-jpg

Like I said the little one the trunk opens you must manually operate by hand to put the top up/down its made by Norve sorry I was wrong its 1/43 scale. Also the interior on the small one matches mine except for the wood is light color wood and mine is dark wood and big model the interior is all Ebony light wood too and is made by Hot Wheels!
    See pictures here how the top operates!
    Show Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376012100-391389-jpgShow Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376012610-464997-jpgShow Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376012674-791037-jpgShow Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376012871-060719-jpg

Thanks Dan Gouker
    Attached Images Attached Images Show Us Your XLR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376012252-323242-jpg 
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Like that. My case top doesn't really fit. My acrylic top isn't made for the stand. But I have rigged it so it stays on. I like your silver one that the top opens.

06 infrared base

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Lucky you. I just searched and they just have your color. Not a red one like mine

06 infrared base