Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Platinum XLR

California here.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Fire Mist XLR

North Carolina here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks 05xlr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

I hate black cars - they are a pain in the to keep nice. BUT, there are few things finer looking than a shined up black XLR-V! (Shined up red being among the few finer)
    Attached Images Attached Images Show Us Your XLR-img_1775-jpg 

yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

2006 Infrared XLR
    Corsa exhaust
    XLR-V sway bar
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

With all the rain we Floridians have had. My baby is feeling neglected Show Us Your XLR. I was planing on giving her a bath this week but between the 90+ temps and the expected showers and Show Us Your XLR Show Us Your XLR all week. I don't think this'll be happening. I might just take a drive to my dealer and get her fluids checked and have them run her through their wash but she still looks like she just rolled off the showroom floor just sitting here waiting to be drivin

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye372 View Post
    With all the rain we Floridians have had. My baby is feeling neglected Show Us Your XLR. I was planing on giving her a bath this week but between the 90+ temps and the expected showers and Show Us Your XLR Show Us Your XLR all week. I don't think this'll be happening. I might just take a drive to my dealer and get her fluids checked and have them run her through their wash but she still looks like she just rolled off the showroom floor just sitting here waiting to be driving

A tunnel car wash at a dealer? You just caused me to have a heart attack if that's what you're talking about!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Yep but only as a last resort. But hopefully the rain will subside enough to get her in the driveway and washed. Unless I call my mobile detail guy.

06 infrared base

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by rexster314 View Post
    A tunnel car wash at a dealer? You just caused me to have a heart attack if that's what you're talking about!!

Agree Rex,,,, nothing like those tunnel car washes with their recycled dirty water with engine oil, tranny fluid, brake fluid, p/s fluid getting past the filtering system and onto the clear coat finish of one's car
    http://www.xlr-net.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6664&d=1473338578

9. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Default 2007 XLR

Texas here

Show Us Your XLR-2007-xlr-img_1421_-jpgShow Us Your XLR-2007-xlr-img_1424-edit_-jpg

11. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY, hawkeye372, 05xlr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Black 2009 XLR platinum

Default My 09 XLR platium edition

Show Us Your XLR-image-jpgShow Us Your XLR-image-jpgI putchased my XLR less than a week ago. At first i wasnt very impressed over all with my car but the more i drive it,the more i like it. One thing that helped convinced me that I was driving a unique car was when I was at the Taco Bell drive-through and people started coming up to me asking what it was and can they take pictures . I've owned a lot of nice cars but as far as I know never has anyone asked to take pictures of my car . Of course I was flattered by the request to take pictures and gave them my permission to do so. My XLR has a few quirks to work out hopefully nothing serious I know absolutely nothing about these cars. I saw it sitting for sale and thought I would check it out this was about 2-3 months ago. Then the other day I ran onto the car again ,the price dropped $5000 of his asking price due to the fact the guy was really needing money so I jumped all over it . I hope it turns out to be a really good car
    Attached Images Attached Images Show Us Your XLR-image-jpg Show Us Your XLR-image-jpg Show Us Your XLR-image-jpg Show Us Your XLR-image-jpg 
    Last edited by Dwolf; 09-01-2017 at 04:00 AM.

13. Likes klausman, hawkeye372 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 laser red XLR

Default $5k?

Dwolf, $5,000 for this was a steal if the quirks you mention are minimal costs to repair. How many miles? Welcome to the XLR family. Get used to people's compliments, it's part of owning a unique Cadillac

15. Likes hawkeye372 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Welcome to the xlr net. There are several ppl here to help if you have any questions. Several events are also being planned. So hope to see you at a event in the near future

06 infrared base

17. Likes Dwolf liked this post
    Show Us Your XLR 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Default Show Us Your XLR

Welcome to the XLR forum.... you've barely paid for that car you actually stole it at that price that's an XLR-V not a base model.....this forum has many knowledge people with lots of background from these cars from over the years. I'm sure most of your quirks can be worked out! There's a homecoming event coming up in September 2018 if we can get all of the details worked out it will be in Bowling Green Kentucky at the Corvette plant area. That is where all the XLR & XLR-V were assembled! Your XLR sets on the C5-C6 Corvette frame that's why they were all built and assembled there. Keep an eye on the forum here for updates! We hope you can attend and glad to have you with the XLR Gang! Enjoy your Topless driving Show Us Your XLR

Last edited by 05 GRAND DADDY; 08-31-2017 at 09:23 AM.
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

19. Likes hawkeye372, Dwolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic

Quote Originally Posted by 05 GRAND DADDY View Post
    Welcome to the XLR forum.... you've barely paid for that car you actually stole it at that price that's an XLR-V not a base model.....this forum has many knowledge people with lots of background from these cars from over the years. I'm sure most of your quirks can be worked out! There's a homecoming event coming up in September 2018 if we can get all of the details worked out it will be in Bowling Green Kentucky at the Corvette plant area. That is where all the XLR & XLR-V were assembled! Your XLR sets on the C5-C6 Corvette frame that's why they were all built and assembled there. Keep an eye on the forum here for updates! We hope you can attend and glad to have you with the XLR Gang! Enjoy your Topless driving Show Us Your XLR

Dan: trying to cypher your tap talk message with lack of punctuation..... if you are saying it is a V.... That is not a V. '09 V's do not have the special tail pipes and DO say V on them. All 09's have the V style hood to mess you up.

Regardless, if that is not a 'typo' and you did pay 5 grand Dwolf - then you got the bargain of the century - unless it is 'hot' or has a blown motor and been in the Texas floods. Good thing you snatched it up. When I first read your posting on my cell phone I figured it was a high mile, well worn - early production car. Looks awesome Dwolf, welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help here with any 'quirks'.

Curious how many miles, how many prev owners, general condition (looks shiny) and especially if it was 5 grand.
    Sandy
    You can't be a car collector with only one car!
    My XLR: V-Sway Bar, Corsa Exhaust, K&N filter,
    Windrestrictor - Illuminated w/XLR silhouette

21. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY, Dwolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Default Proof--Show the documented bill of sale

There is no way an '09 XLR was sold for $5,000.00!!! And graytoad, you are correct. That is not a V. I'm thinking he is missing a zero in his price. He doesn't list mileage or any of the problems with the car, so it's hard to tell if he got a good deal or not.

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

23. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Show Us Your XLR 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Default Show Us Your XLR

Quote Originally Posted by graytoad View Post
    Dan: trying to cypher your tap talk message with lack of punctuation..... if you are saying it is a V.... That is not a V. '09 V's do not have the special tail pipes and DO say V on them. All 09's have the V style hood to mess you up.

Regardless, if that is not a 'typo' and you did pay 5 grand Dwolf - then you got the bargain of the century - unless it is 'hot' or has a blown motor and been in the Texas floods. Good thing you snatched it up. When I first read your posting on my cell phone I figured it was a high mile, well worn - early production car. Looks awesome Dwolf, welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help here with any 'quirks'.

Curious how many miles, how many prev owners, general condition (looks shiny) and especially if it was 5 grand.
    Well Sandy I learned something new tonight. I did not know all 2009's had the V hood..... Thanks for telling me that! As they say ya learn something new everyday! Show Us Your XLR

Last edited by 05 GRAND DADDY; 08-31-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

25. Likes hawkeye372 liked this post