Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR-V RII'07 RIII'08 SA'09 CO'10 NCSC'11 PA'12 BG'13 MT'14 VBOBX'15

I think,,,, he dropped the price $5,000 lower!

2. Likes Dwolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Black 2009 XLR platinum

Default My XLR

Quote Originally Posted by klausman View Post
    Dwolf, $5,000 for this was a steal if the quirks you mention are minimal costs to repair. How many miles? Welcome to the XLR family. Get used to people's compliments, it's part of owning a unique Cadillac

Will I ever learn to stop using voice text because it nearly always print some mistake in this case and gave you all the impression that I gave $5000 for the car which is incorrect it was supposed to say the price dropped $5000 not drop to $5000 I actually have about $11,500 tied up in it which I feel is still a bargain.
    A couple of fun quirks that I would really like to figure out for one the button to the remote top stays lit all the time I'm sure it's not supposed to,another quirk is the forward Tonnele cover will not completely close because it's coming down on the actual top and it appears that is supposed to clear the top so it sticks up with for Tonnele cover in the rear Tonnele cover meet, tried everything in the world to get this to close correctly and i've not been successful,every time I get in the car this CD player does this Clickety click sound and refuses to load any CDs .
    someone ask whats its mileage, it is a local One owner who is a local attorney driving car with 150,000 miles on it it is in such good condition but it looks like it's got less than 50,000 on it . has anyone had trouble with the chrome peeling off of the wheels the backside of the wheels the chrome is almost completely gone and it's working it's way into the front of the wheel I had a 2013 Cadillac Escalade's last summer and it was doing the same thing I found dozens of vehicles with chrome wheels and I've never seen one ever feel like this is this a Cadillac trait? I'm wondering if they are subcontracting the wheels out to someone and they're not doing such a good job .
    Anyway my apologies for the misunderstanding on the price I still feel like I stole it

4. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Black 2009 XLR platinum

Default My 09 XLR platium edition.

Quote Originally Posted by graytoad View Post
    Dan: trying to cypher your tap talk message with lack of punctuation..... if you are saying it is a V.... That is not a V. '09 V's do not have the special tail pipes and DO say V on them. All 09's have the V style hood to mess you up.

Regardless, if that is not a 'typo' and you did pay 5 grand Dwolf - then you got the bargain of the century - unless it is 'hot' or has a blown motor and been in the Texas floods. Good thing you snatched it up. When I first read your posting on my cell phone I figured it was a high mile, well worn - early production car. Looks awesome Dwolf, welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help here with any 'quirks'.

Curious how many miles, how many prev owners, general condition (looks shiny) and especially if it was 5 grand.
    You are correct,it is not the V, its a platium edition.
    it is not hot,nothing serriously wrong with the car,motor is solid. You all misunderstood my price the price I paid for it was 5000 less than what they were asking for it to weeks prior I actually paid $11,500 approximately which was still a bargain,although it does have 150,000 miles you would never know it by looking at it or driving it there's no damage anywhere, The interior is about a 98 out of 100 as is exterior. It was locally owned since new by a local attorney it's a one owner car and apparently has been garaged it's whole life.
    My apologies for the misunderstanding .

6. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Show Us Your XLR 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Dwolf View Post
    You are correct,it is not the V, its a platium edition.
    it is not hot,nothing serriously wrong with the car,motor is solid. You all misunderstood my price the price I paid for it was 5000 less than what they were asking for it to weeks prior I actually paid $11,500 approximately which was still a bargain,although it does have 150,000 miles you would never know it by looking at it or driving it there's no damage anywhere, The interior is about a 98 out of 100 as is exterior. It was locally owned since new by a local attorney it's a one owner car and apparently has been garaged it's whole life.
    My apologies for the misunderstanding .
    That's still one hell of deal V or not, sorry I can't really help you much with the problems your having, the back cover not closing correctly sounds like it needs an adjustment of some sort or maybe something's broken not letting it close correctly. Someone here with your same year would probably know about the top button light staying on. At least all your quirks are just minor and not major issues that effect the driving of your XLR! Have a wonderful weekend! Show Us Your XLR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

8. Likes Dwolf liked this post
    Show Us Your XLR 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Will I ever learn to stop using voice text because it nearly always print some mistake in this case and gave you all the impression that I gave $5000 for the car which is incorrect it was supposed to say the price dropped $5000 not drop to $5000 I actually have about $11,500 tied up in it which I feel is still a bargain.
    A couple of fun quirks that I would really like to figure out for one the button to the remote top stays lit all the time I'm sure it's not supposed to,another quirk is the forward Tonnele cover will not completely close because it's coming down on the actual top and it appears that is supposed to clear the top so it sticks up with for Tonnele cover in the rear Tonnele cover meet, tried everything in the world to get this to close correctly and i've not been successful,every time I get in the car this CD player does this Clickety click sound and refuses to load any CDs .
    someone ask whats its mileage, it is a local One owner who is a local attorney driving car with 150,000 miles on it it is in such good condition but it looks like it's got less than 50,000 on it . has anyone had trouble with the chrome peeling off of the wheels the backside of the wheels the chrome is almost completely gone and it's working it's way into the front of the wheel I had a 2013 Cadillac Escalade's last summer and it was doing the same thing I found dozens of vehicles with chrome wheels and I've never seen one ever feel like this is this a Cadillac trait? I'm wondering if they are subcontracting the wheels out to someone and they're not doing such a good job .
    Anyway my apologies for the misunderstanding on the price I still feel like I stole it
    I do the voice text thing too sometimes when it's a long winded speech, then proof read and go back and try to fix all the changes before I hit the reply button. Not sure which one is faster fixing all the mistakes or just typing it out in the first place! LOL Show Us Your XLR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

10. Likes Dwolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic

Yes, you did steal it: good for you!

Considering your bargain I would spend the coin and consult the nearest Cadillac dealer who has a Mechanic with XLR knowledge..... which is hard to find. None the less all the dealers have access to the files on adjusting and repairing issues like your top problems. Likely the adjustments needed to make the top seat into place may also resolve your warning light issue. You have the same wheels as I do, sorry, mine are just fine but the chrome plating today is not the same quality it was years back. We (my hubby & I are both motor heads) have had issues on other chrome wheels in the past. Perhaps if you search the internet forums you will find a solution to stop the peeling. I am thinking if you carefully snap off the chrome that is sticking up then use a clear epoxy glue along the edge of the missing chrome you may be able to stop that peeling: but maybe someone online has some answers. Good luck with your issues and congratulations on your find!

BTW: nice bike collection, personally I own a couple of Road Kings, one in Ontario and another at our winter place in Florida. Loved Arkansas: went to Bikes, Blues n BBQ's last year- first trip to Arkansas! I wanted to come down again this year but could not: some of the best riding I have enjoyed ever in that area: amazing roads & scenery
    Last edited by graytoad; 09-02-2017 at 08:13 AM.
    Sandy
    You can't be a car collector with only one car!
    My XLR: V-Sway Bar, Corsa Exhaust, K&N filter,
    Windrestrictor - Illuminated w/XLR silhouette

12. Likes nerkpowers, Dwolf liked this post