Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Platinum/Ebony,2011DTS,Platinum Edition White Diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by Popbigguy View Post
    WOW!!!!!! The worst part is that it looks like the frame got pushed in and/or twisted. I'd think that'll be the worst part!!!

Was that a 2009?
    Looks like an 04 to me. Did this happen in New York City? If so what intersections or what street?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Exclamation

Something has come to my attention that has me a little concerned.

A member PM'd me a short while ago wanting to know why I deleted his post from this thread and that he never had that problem on the "other" forum.

His post is exactly where he posted it on the previous page. I didn't delete it, nor would I have a reason to delete it.

I want to be perfectly clear here: I'm the only one here with the ability to move and delete posts and threads.

As is the practice on my other site - the Corvette Action Center, I as well as my Administration there, do not delete posts without notifying the post owner.

You will never come to any site I own and operate and find your posts deleted without a reason why.

I really want to make this clear because posts do not just appear / disappear on their own, unless someone with Administrative approval has the ability to do that, and since I'm the only one here with that ability, I assure you I have not deleted any posts, nor will I ever without letting you know.
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Spotlight:

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"

I would have DONE oh crap!!!

I do sometimes worry a bit while driving the XLR. It seems people don't see it - especially if they're sitting high up in an SUV or something. I never have issues being seen in my SUV, but sometimes driving the XLR (or the motorcycle) can be a frightening experience....

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLRV

The X is a 2005. The accident happened in Morrisville, NC. The integrity of the car held up very well but designed to crush (absorb impact) and protect the occupant. The car was totaled. Trunk lid askew, top intact, console broken, seat integrity intact. When the car hit the window shattered . My wifes sunglasses were found on the hood of the Honda!

When we went to take our plates off the car, my wife remembered that she had stuff in the trunk and that the Cadillac windscreen was still in place with the top up. Tough to get the windscreen off with the top up but knowing what we paid for it we got it removed with the help of the bodyshop tech. Believe it or not the trunk still opened (manually). The battery worked and the car would start but went into some type of emergency mode where it was running on like four cylinders and the outside light system would flash rapidly.

I believe if my wife had been in anything else she would have been a goner. Thanks to OnStar...Paramedics, cops and fire were there in 3 minutes. Got her out and to the hospital where she was kept overnight for observation. So far so good. A testament to GM/Cadillac safety engineering. Yes, we went out and got another X.

Cunard One

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

That's a great story since it had such a good outcome. I remember seeing, at the Corvette Museum at RII, a Corvette that had gone through crash testing. It was remarkable! It was hit at around 50 MPH - the car was a mess, but the passenger compartment was in excellent condition. Indeed, a testament to modern engineering, since, in the "old' days, they made cars sturdy enough to kill the occupants but spare the vehicle! Let me see if I can find that picture......

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Not a great picture, but here it is. I'm proud of myelf that i found it so quickly!
    Cadillac Tech might remember the speed at impact. If he doesn't, I'll see it again in a few days! (Obviously a front end impact)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Something has come to my attention that has me a little concerned.

A member PM'd me a short while ago wanting to know why I deleted his post from this thread and that he never had that problem on the "other" forum.

His post is exactly where he posted it on the previous page. I didn't delete it, nor would I have a reason to delete it.

I want to be perfectly clear here: I'm the only one here with the ability to move and delete posts and threads.

As is the practice on my other site - the Corvette Action Center, I as well as my Administration there, do not delete posts without notifying the post owner.

You will never come to any site I own and operate and find your posts deleted without a reason why.

I really want to make this clear because posts do not just appear / disappear on their own, unless someone with Administrative approval has the ability to do that, and since I'm the only one here with that ability, I assure you I have not deleted any posts, nor will I ever without letting you know.
    Don't let this upset you Rob. You are a great administrator and fair. Any time Rob thinks we were getting a little testy he post to tell us. We have found a nice home here and a nice guy, lets not ruin it. Thank you Rob for your hard work and great site.
    Beer makes everything better.

Marion
    Teen
    AKA
    Lil' Woman, She Devil, Supa Freak, Banned Devil, Chop Stick Girl, Midwest Marauder Alchol Czar.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Red Jewel XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Little Woman View Post
    Don't let this upset you Rob. You are a great administrator and fair. Any time Rob thinks we were getting a little testy he post to tell us. We have found a nice home here and a nice guy, lets not ruin it. Thank you Rob for your hard work and great site.
    INDEED!!!! Rob...
    Rod
    aka mt

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR-V Raidant Silver, 2004 Corvette CE Cpe.2006 Corvette Roadster

Here's mine

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Very nice Bassman. Have you named him yet?

Marion
    Teen
    AKA
    Lil' Woman, She Devil, Supa Freak, Banned Devil, Chop Stick Girl, Midwest Marauder Alchol Czar.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR-V Raidant Silver, 2004 Corvette CE Cpe.2006 Corvette Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by Little Woman View Post
    Very nice Bassman. Have you named him yet?
    It's a she and her name is Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    It's a she and her name is Silver
    Sorry I miss read. I thought you had he's mine. Sorry. That is a nice name for her.

Marion
    Teen
    AKA

My `06 last weekend......Flathead River Montana

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Same weekend......north cascade highway