Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile V came in what year?

Hi,
    I'm new to this. I want to get an XLR_V and thought there first year was 2005, am I correct? If so can anyone tell me if there were any problems with the first ones.? I'll take all the info I can get.

Thanks for reading,
    Survivor

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

I don't know about any problems, but I can tell you that it first came out in 2006:

http://xlr-net.com/specs/2006/

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Spotlight:

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Black XLR-V

Survivor,

The "V" was introduced in 2006. There were quite a few problems with the XLR in it's debut year 2004. By 2006, happily, virtually all of the new model year problems have been addressed. Odd problems do pop up, as with any car. I have had no problems so far.

If you're still on the fence concerning your purchase I fully recommend you zip on down to your friendly Caddy dealer and plunk down your $$$$$$, I can tell you it will do wonders for you!!!

Good luck,
    Floyd

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V

Find a 06-V, drive it, buy it. Now you have to do it in that order. Just kick that puppy at a light and I think you will, as Floyd said, plunk yo money down. Good buys are out there now.
    Quote Originally Posted by XLR-V Lover View Post
    Survivor,

The "V" was introduced in 2006. There were quite a few problems with the XLR in it's debut year 2004. By 2006, happily, virtually all of the new model year problems have been addressed. Odd problems do pop up, as with any car. I have had no problems so far.

If you're still on the fence concerning your purchase I fully recommend you zip on down to your friendly Caddy dealer and plunk down your $$$$$$, I can tell you it will do wonders for you!!!

Good luck,
    Floyd

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven

Yes, all of the boys are right .....
    You can definetly find some awesome buys right now too .... and the best part is that some people bought the car ..... didn't drive them to keep the milage down (?), stored it in their garages, paid a couple of years payments, insurance and took the depreciation for you! Now you can buy it at a teriffic price, drive the h*ll out of it and take advantage of their loss!

Good luck, I hope you find the car of your dreams, and join us on some of our jaunts .... you will have the best of both worlds ..... the most awesome car and friends ever!

RA

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V

Thank you for using a larger font, makes things so much easier to read.
    I'd even think of buying an extra V with really low mileage and low cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lola's Mom View Post
    Yes, all of the boys are right .....
    You can definetly find some awesome buys right now too .... and the best part is that some people bought the car ..... didn't drive them to keep the milage down (?), stored it in their garages, paid a couple of years payments, insurance and took the depreciation for you! Now you can buy it at a teriffic price, drive the h*ll out of it and take advantage of their loss!

Good luck, I hope you find the car of your dreams, and join us on some of our jaunts .... you will have the best of both worlds ..... the most awesome car and friends ever!

RA

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Black XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by standby-V View Post
    Thank you for using a larger font, makes things so much easier to read.
    I'd even think of buying an extra V with really low mileage and low cost.
    Bobbbbbo,
    Maybe we could forage around and pick up a nice 08!!!

Floyd