Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Silver

Smile Fuel Injection cleaner for 2004 XLR

Any recommendations for a fuel injection cleaner 2004 XLR, dealer no idea what to use...Thx Much

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2013 Graphite Metallic XTS Platinum

GM recommends Chevron Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner, which has the added benefit of reducing sulphur deposits on the fuel sender units that signal fuel tank levels.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 XLR

I second the Techron and suggest you use Shell Premium fuel. It is supposed to have the highest amount of detergents in the industry. My 2005 had the dreaded fuel sender issue that CC mentioned and the combination of Techron and Shell Premium actually reversed the problem without having to drop the tanks and replace the fuel pump assembly. I am a believer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Silver

Default MAny thanks!

Thx much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson River Steve View Post
    I second the Techron and suggest you use Shell Premium fuel. It is supposed to have the highest amount of detergents in the industry. My 2005 had the dreaded fuel sender issue that CC mentioned and the combination of Techron and Shell Premium actually reversed the problem without having to drop the tanks and replace the fuel pump assembly. I am a believer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk