Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

xlr

Default Headlight assembly

Does anyone know an after market fabricator who rebuilds headlights on the XLR's? I've seen people take the headlight apart on youtube and need to know how to find them.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Very hard to do

The problem is the seal between the outer lens and its reinforcement and the seal between the reinforcement and the housing. This unit is made different than most all on you tube. You can heat it up but if the seal breaks between the outer lens and the reinforcement you are screwed. That seal is why many of them where replaced under warranty. If it leaks then you get water in the unit and its toast. I buy all the used ones I can find that are pieces to try different ways to make that seal. Its a mechanical bond when made that is applied with super pressure and heat. Impossible to duplicate at home. I have the upper inner lens pretty well made as soon as I can figure the best way to remove the outer. Good luck. If you find a way you can have plenty to do. I assume to want to take it apart to do something with the upper turn signal lens

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

xlr

Default Headlight assembly

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytee View Post
    The problem is the seal between the outer lens and its reinforcement and the seal between the reinforcement and the housing. This unit is made different than most all on you tube. You can heat it up but if the seal breaks between the outer lens and the reinforcement you are screwed. That seal is why many of them where replaced under warranty. If it leaks then you get water in the unit and its toast. I buy all the used ones I can find that are pieces to try different ways to make that seal. Its a mechanical bond when made that is applied with super pressure and heat. Impossible to duplicate at home. I have the upper inner lens pretty well made as soon as I can figure the best way to remove the outer. Good luck. If you find a way you can have plenty to do. I assume to want to take it apart to do something with the upper turn signal lens
    Yes the turn signal is burnt out.

4. Likes JCroegaert liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Xenon Blue

Default brunt lens in headlamp

Quote Originally Posted by rmazz91@verizon.net View Post
    Yes the turn signal is burnt out.
    Anyone that needs or wants someone else to restore their headlamps should take a look at a post on the cadillacforums.com do a search for Headlight Burnout Repair which is a post by member F1Ace "Wes". He listed a company in Canada "Winnipeg HID" as his local shop that did his headlight restoration.

Hope this is some help.
    V/R
    Dave

P.S
    Also review this post has some info about possible non-OEM lens replacements...
    XLR Headlight Assembly FOR SALE NEW OLD STOCK 10 pin Harness

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 XLR 4.6L

Does anyone know an after market fabricator who rebuilds headlights on the XLR's? I've seen people take the headlight apart on youtube and need to know how to find them.

it's actually very easy to make a mold your self

ATS headlights would be a nice mod to the XLR

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Default easy

everything is easy. That's why so many people just go out in the garage and build their own cars from scratch.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 XLR 4.6L

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytee View Post
    everything is easy. That's why so many people just go out in the garage and build their own cars from scratch.
    Sorry it's really easy to build your own car.

some people start with a on the market car and "work it" from there. to "how they want it"

with off the shelf parts and and recycled chassis you can.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Default building a car

I prefer to buy them but I did perform my own open heart surgery so it cannot be much harder than that.)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Xenon Blue

Post hope this is helpfull Happy Holidays :-)

rmazz81
    Take a look at Headlight Logic see their thread We have solved the XLR Headlight Issue, they claim "have the ability to replace your damaged internal lens, replace the halogen bulb with a switchback LED light (clear unless turn signal is on then amber) as well as the resistor and refurbish the outer lens to the point that there are no scratches, pits or discoloration." I am waiting on a quote from them.

Another option for those like me (don't have the time or equipment to do it myself) that needs or wants someone else to restore their headlamps should take a look at a post on the cadillacforums.com do a search for Headlight Burnout Repair which is a post by member F1Ace "Wes". He listed a company in Canada "Winnipeg HID" as his local shop that did his headlight restoration.

I already communicated with Winnipeg HID they can open the headlights, remove the damaged turn signal/DRL lens, re-seal the headlights then replace the turn signal with a switchback LED bulbs, they quoted me for both headlights to do the whole job including two switchback LED bulbs and hyper-flash fix resistors costs $660 CAD (around $520 USD).

Hope this is of help.
    Best regards,
    Dave

11. Likes rexster314 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    rmazz81
    Take a look at Headlight Logic see their thread We have solved the XLR Headlight Issue, they claim "have the ability to replace your damaged internal lens, replace the halogen bulb with a switchback LED light (clear unless turn signal is on then amber) as well as the resistor and refurbish the outer lens to the point that there are no scratches, pits or discoloration." I am waiting on a quote from them.

Another option for those like me (don't have the time or equipment to do it myself) that needs or wants someone else to restore their headlamps should take a look at a post on the cadillacforums.com do a search for Headlight Burnout Repair which is a post by member F1Ace "Wes". He listed a company in Canada "Winnipeg HID" as his local shop that did his headlight restoration.

I already communicated with Winnipeg HID they can open the headlights, remove the damaged turn signal/DRL lens, re-seal the headlights then replace the turn signal with a switchback LED bulbs, they quoted me for both headlights to do the whole job including two switchback LED bulbs and hyper-flash fix resistors costs $660 CAD (around $520 USD).

Hope this is of help.
    Best regards,
    Dave
    Could you provide us with the contact information?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Xenon Blue

Post No problem :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated Monkey View Post
    Could you provide us with the contact information?
    Winnipeg HID - Winnipeg MB (Canada)
    Winnipeg HID | High Performance Automotive Lighting - Winnipeg HID
    204-930-9535
    tom@winnipeghid.ca

Headlight Logic - Atlanta GA
    Headlight Logic
    855-349-4855

HEADLIGHTS 101 - Fayetteville, GA
    Headlights 101
    770-461-5974
    sales@Headlights101.com

Best regards,