Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Scanners

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Raven Black xlr

Default Scanners

I recently saw on the net software that you buy and put on your laptop. It comes with adapters you need. It's Total car diagnostics, TOAD. Has anybody tried this? Claims to be on par with Tech II. $149.00.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2013 Graphite Metallic XTS Platinum

From the reviews I read and info from their site, this is a powertrain scanner only. (Contact them to verify.)

If you want total scan capability of your XLR, you will likely need a Tech 2 or it's GM replacement scanners, like the MDI.

Here's one Tech 2 source for about a hundred bucks more than the TOAD: Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner For GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU/Holden with TIS2000 Software Full Package There are lots of deals out there, so it pays to shop around. A Tech 2 with a service manual is hard to beat.

CC

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR-V RII'07 RIII'08 SA'09 CO'10 NCSC'11 PA'12 BG'13 MT'14 VBOBX'15

On the way back from BG, I opened my trunk, loaded in our luggage and push the button to close the trunk, and then NOTHING!! Strange, it opened OK?! So I'm operating with the bypass value open. So, I assume my top is messed up. I've test every fuse that is in that car I think! 10 years on this car!! never a problem with the top!! Maybe I've been lucky, up till now!

Quote Originally Posted by ccclarke View Post
    Here's one Tech 2 source for about a hundred bucks more than the TOAD: Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner For GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU/Holden with TIS2000 Software Full Package There are lots of deals out there, so it pays to shop around. A Tech 2 with a service manual is hard to beat.CC
    It's about time I learn how to relearn my top! At least try before I take it to the many $'s caddy dealer. But first I need a Tech 2. Has anyone bought from this site cclarke found? Or any site like it? We need the TIS200 Software with it, right? And the Candi interface?

PS: cclarke, have you thought coming to the BG 15 yr meet? I'd like to meet ya' along with a lot of other people I'm sure!!

Chad

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

Quote Originally Posted by Popbigguy View Post
    On the way back from BG, I opened my trunk, loaded in our luggage and push the button to close the trunk, and then NOTHING!! Strange, it opened OK?! So I'm operating with the bypass value open. So, I assume my top is messed up. I've test every fuse that is in that car I think! 10 years on this car!! never a problem with the top!! Maybe I've been lucky, up till now!

It's about time I learn how to relearn my top! At least try before I take it to the many $'s caddy dealer. But first I need a Tech 2. Has anyone bought from this site cclarke found? Or any site like it? We need the TIS200 Software with it, right? And the Candi interface?

PS: cclarke, have you thought coming to the BG 15 yr meet? I'd like to meet ya' along with a lot of other people I'm sure!!

Chad
    For most of the things you'll do, all you need is the TechII, the pcmcia card, the CANDI module, and appropriate cables and obd adapter. The only thing you would need tis for is to program a new pcm or ecm. Certainlydont need it for top relearn or program extra fobs. I boght mine from china almost 2 years ago with the hard case and it's been solid

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black XLR-V

I got one from here about 4 years ago, use it all the time with no issues so far.
    Wholesale Tech2 - Buy Cheap Tech2 from Chinese Wholesalers | DHgate mobile