Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub of Cadillac XLR news and information! Click here to check out the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004xlr

I think the murdered out look is cool "different". On the other hand the car could use alittle contrast. Is it possible to tint the clear lense on the headlight and leave a circle in the center like some headlights that I see or would it melt. Would u be able to get me a measurement of the opening in the rear of the bezel where the hid goes. Also could I get the outside diameter of the hid assy. I'm looking for the measurements of the air gap around the hid bulb to the bezel? Any help would be great thanks.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Light Platinum XLR

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by micropimp View Post
    Just installed new headlights. Should I open them up and black out the bezels? Or leave it as is?
    My "vote" is to leave them this way. They look great, much (!) better than that blacked out former look, IMO.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Red Jewel XLR

Just installed new headlights. Should I open them up and black out the bezels? Or leave it as is?
    I like them this way as well. As Stella said, the car could use some contrast...
    Rod
    aka mt

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Matte Black XLamboR

As you can see in the 1st pic.. That's the bezel (on the left) that is sealed to the headlight housing and glued to the Lens(top lens). The lens on the right has the bezel glued on. Ok.. I'm sorry.. I don't know why my pics get uploaded upside down or sideways
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 XLR Silver

As you can see in the 1st pic.. That's the bezel (on the left) that is sealed to the headlight housing and glued to the Lens(top lens). The lens on the right has the bezel glued on. Ok.. I'm sorry.. I don't know why my pics get uploaded upside down or sideways
    thanks for the pics micropimp. My issue is the lens is lifting. I am tring to figure out how to get it back on properly. Are you able to tell what kind of adheasive was holding your lens on? Why are you saying that you would highly reccomend that i do not remove the lens? thanks CC Clark mentioned that he used silicon and vacuum pump to get the lens to stick on the bezel without bubbles. I was hoping for a how to you tube.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR Infrared

Nice. The lights now look 10x better than before. Great job.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR Infrared

You must own a Iphone, because the pictures are upside down or side ways. LOL. I have the same problem when posting here. A friend of mine said it's because I'm a left hander and I take pics with the Iphone in the left hand with the clicker on top.