Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub of Cadillac XLR news and information! Click here to check out the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Post Thanks / Like

Default Driver side door panel removal

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays . I have a 2008 XLR and I need to remove the driver side door panel. Can anyone guide me through this? I really don't want to go through this blind so as not to break anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Going from memory, there are I think two screws on the underside of the door trim which need to come out. At the hand grab, lift the rubber piece at the bottom, there are one or two bolts there. You'll also need to pop off the courtesy light lens and I believe there is a screw in that area as well. Once you have that done you can use a pry tool an start at the bottom of the door and pull out. It will take some brute force, but you shouldn't hurt anything. Once you have it loose, just lift up to get the top off the door frame. There are also electrical connections to disconnect when you get to this point. I'll check my service manuals tonight to make sure I haven't forgotten anything and let you know.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 3redc View Post
    Hello everyone and Happy Holidays . I have a 2008 XLR and I need to remove the driver side door panel. Can anyone guide me through this? I really don't want to go through this blind so as not to break anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"