Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Black XLR

Default Trunk opens when door key pad is touched.

My trunk opens when i activate any electrical device. So far it doesn't open when i am driving. Has anyone had this happen?

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2013 Graphite Metallic XTS Platinum

No, that's a first here.

Activation of any electrical device, is a bit vague and generalized.

Turn signals? Infotainment? Vanity mirror lighting? If it happens when operating door switches only (as the title implies) please read on. . .

The RCDLR module authorizes the doors to open if a fob is within range. It also permits the rear decklid to raise. Since it is common to your problem, I would suspect it being faulty first, before moving on during troubleshooting. You will need a dealer to scan the module, and observe its status while the fault is active. They can replace as necessary and re-program it to match your fobs.

CC
    Last edited by ccclarke; 08-11-2017 at 09:02 AM.

3. Likes Eslic1 liked this post
    Trunk opens when door key pad is touched. XLRATING's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

Try checking the trunk release button on the lower part of the dash, to see if it's popped back up all the way. When mine got stuck down a little sideways, the trunk would open every time I opened the driver door. Sheer luck that I figured out the button was the problem. Now I ONLY use the fob to open the trunk.

yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

2006 Infrared XLR
    Corsa exhaust
    XLR-V sway bar
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Black XLR

Default Trunk release button.

Quote Originally Posted by XLRATING View Post
    Try checking the trunk release button on the lower part of the dash, to see if it's popped back up all the way. When mine got stuck down a little sideways, the trunk would open every time I opened the driver door. Sheer luck that I figured out the button was the problem. Now I ONLY use the fob to open the trunk.
    Thank You i never thought of that i will check that for sure.