Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2008 XLR cd problems

Can anyone help. I cannot load any cd's into my cars stereo system. The LOAD button highlight however when it runs thru its checks it stated that there is a cd error.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Sable Black XLR/V

Your changer is toast. It was the first thing I had to replace on my car. My warranty picked it up at the dealer for $1100 as I recall. But I'm sure it can be done for much cheaper than that by picking up the part on eBay and having a local shop do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2008 XLR cd problems rexster314's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

Changers on the XLR are one of the first things to go belly up. Mine was broke when I bought the car. I tried on Ebay and actually got a whole new/used head unit for a reasonable price. When I got it, the changer wouldn't work on that one either. Fortunately I was able to get my money back. I went on for several months and bit the bullet for an upgrade to a new Kenwood unit. Now the car has a pretty much state of the art head unit including Android Auto/Apple Car Play. Before you pop out 1100$ or more on another changer that can go out at any time, consider what i did.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Moving out of the NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS forum and into the XLR TECH forum...
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Spotlight:

5. Likes Rule62 liked this post