Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much for all the perspectives.
    I admit...I'm probably more of a "Flavor of the Month" type...I suppose with less commitment to the car (yet) than many here. Maybe a bit of an automotive dilettante, definitely not a dealer, just a retired guy with a bucket list I'm making my way through...
    I hope nobody takes offense at my lack of commitment. I know these cars have a passionate following. I hope they become collectible, and that the market finds a bottom soon. They're stunning to look at, and as fresh now as when they were new. Plus, it would be fun to drive something that most people have never seen...at least in my part of the world.
    I think the advice to find a slightly higher mileage car is sound, as they are more realistically priced (or at least priced closer to what the value guides recommend paying for a private party sale); maybe date for a while before getting hitched....or not....LOL.
    Thanks again for all the great thoughts and advice.

2. Likes ChicagoDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infared XLR-V

Keep looking, you will eventually find one that fits. There are quite a few that come up on Craig's List in Texas alone. Higher mileage doesn't really scare me as you can see by the Cadillac's that I currently own. I have always been able to avoid one that was abused, but I buy mine to drive so condition is more important than low mileage to me.

My XLR has be seen in Bryan/College Station quite regularly, sometimes stopping at Christopher's for lunch on the way to Austin for a weekend. It's been around the Texas World Speedway a time or two also. For a $100,000 sticker price and limited production I'm not surprised that the prices are staying up there like they are, particularly on the XLR-Vs with low mileage.

2006 Infared XLR-V built 4/2006, Sold new 8/24/2006 @ 36 miles. Purchased as second owner 7/22/09 @ 40,151 miles, as of 1/2017 80,000 miles
    Ligenfelter Varimax PWM Intercooler Coolant Pump, D3 Stage 1 & 2 Intake, Wait4me tune, Texas Mile 154.6 MPH 10/26/2012
    Other Caddys 2005 Infared STS 133,000 miles, 1990 Red Allante 154,000 miles & 1994 Fleetwood Brougham 227,000 miles
    Member of Allante' XLR Houston Club:
    www.allanteclubofamerica.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=179768&module_id=5 322

Post Thanks / Like

These Cadillac's (and an old Mercedes) are in my garage now...not particularly valuable, but all very low mileage examples (the Lucerne Aqua Firemist/White 1970 Eldorado just turned 24K miles).
    Very different from the XLRV, of course, but the I think you can see the inspiration for its "Art and Science" design language in the Silverpine Green '68 Eldorado and the '70.
    The '76 is just a fun big old boat...not particularly distinguished from a design or build quality standpoint, but pound-for-pound, tons of fun...I still have this car, but sold it the other day on EBay to make room for a V...or a '64 Eldorado convertible...or both...
    Attached Images Attached Images Been lurking for a while, thinking about taking the plunge-fullsizerender-33-jpg Been lurking for a while, thinking about taking the plunge-lucille1-jpg Been lurking for a while, thinking about taking the plunge-fullsizerender-35-jpg 

5. Likes onalaska liked this post
    Been lurking for a while, thinking about taking the plunge XLRATING's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

Quote Originally Posted by Joeinbcs View Post
    These Cadillac's (and an old Mercedes) are in my garage now...not particularly valuable, but all very low mileage examples (the Lucerne Aqua Firemist/White 1970 Eldorado just turned 24K miles).
    Very different from the XLRV, of course, but the I think you can see the inspiration for its "Art and Science" design language in the Silverpine Green '68 Eldorado and the '70.
    The '76 is just a fun big old boat...not particularly distinguished from a design or build quality standpoint, but pound-for-pound, tons of fun...I still have this car, but sold it the other day on EBay to make room for a V...or a '64 Eldorado convertible...or both...
    Like your collection -- the '68 & '70 are flavors I'd never get tired of!

yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

2006 Infrared XLR
    Corsa exhaust
    XLR-V sway bar
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR/V Infrared

Default Just an opinion...

Great answer from some one who said in essence that the value of the car is what the buyer is willing to pay.
    I own and have for sale a 2007 Infrared XLR -V. For a car like this with what, possibly less than 100 units out there, in no way is KBB/Edmunds going to dictate the value of this car. Arrowhead Cadillac had a 2008 Infrared XLR V with 16K miles...it sold for $61,000 in a matter of days. I've also seen two others sold at Barrett Jackson, one was a 2006 and the other one was a 2007, 1 had 50K miles on it and sold for $45,000 and another one sold for $50K+ with not many less miles.
    My 3 owner Infrared with 55,000 miles on it is on the market for $39,900. I was offered $36K and politely turned it down.
    Some people just love this car and if this person is looking specifically for a clean Infrared XLR - V, I believe they will pay.
    If not, I will continue to own an unappreciated/undervalued/non-collectible (at this time).

8. Likes Rule62 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Sable Black XLR/V

Yup... And books don't buy cars. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes onalaska liked this post