Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing like having the inside of the wheels clean. I also like to pull the wheels off of our cars and clean them up. Sounds like you did a great job Cubby.
    Bruce

Life's too short to drive a boring car

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Cleaning the cars and bikes are actually the one 'chore' I enjoy doing. Cutting grass, raking leaves and snowblowing and/or shoveling snow is unenjoyable to me. Cuts into my driving/riding, golfing time!!! I'm sure you are going to be busy doing the same on your jewels and probably PhotoMoms' as well.

Hope you guys can make it up this weekend--Halloween is Supa's favorite day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tech View Post
    There's nothing like having the inside of the wheels clean. I also like to pull the wheels off of our cars and clean them up. Sounds like you did a great job Cubby.

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black XLR V, 2005 Black XLR, 2000 Black DTX, 2010 Black CTX, 2007 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Lola's Mom View Post
    You know, you all must think I'm nuts, but since your lifestyles are so different from mine, I love reading about what it's like. Because I think to a degree that we live our lives around the elements.
    Have you guys had to "winterize" the XLR's yet?
    This is my first winter with my XLR - but I don't plan on "putting her away" for the winter. Every once in a while, we get nice days where the roads are clear and no snow. I hope to still get my X out some of those days (not on the days that we have ZERO degrees - don't want any body panels shattering - my car or ME). With 140,000 miles on her, I treat her more as a FUN TOY that I want to enjoy year round. I understand when most of you put yours away for the winter; these cars are quite the investment. I was fortunate enough to find a very good deal with a lot of miles.

Waxing/clay barring my cars is like therapy to me ... but as I get older, it is getting more like work; but I still love the end results. That's why my last 4 or 5 cars have been BLACK... nothing like a CLEAN black car. I should try taking my wheels off and cleaning the backs of them really good (never done that before), thanks for the tip Cubby.
    Chicago Dave

"Everything in life happens somewhere else ... why not have fun getting there and in style"