Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New member

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven XLR. Miles driven, 271,278 as of Nov 5, 2012

Default New member

Hi everyone. I go by the name of "professor", having taught accounting and taxes since I was young.
    My claim to fame is that I have driven my 2004 Black Raven XLR a total of 200,000 miles and going strong. I believe that would be a record for any XLRs
    Henry (professor)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Quote Originally Posted by professor View Post
    Hi everyone. I go by the name of "professor", having taught accounting and taxes since I was young.
    My claim to fame is that I have driven my 2004 Black Raven XLR a total of 200,000 miles and going strong. I believe that would be a record for any XLRs
    Henry (professor)
    Welcome to the XLR Net Henry.

200,000 miles? Awesome! Are you the only owner of the '04?
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Spotlight:

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Welcome to the XLR Net Henry.

200,000 miles? Awesome! Are you the only owner of the '04?
    Yes, I bought the car December 23, 2003. My Christmas present to me!
    I travel all over the country on business and as a result put lots of miles on the car.
    Henry

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

That is very cool. I would definitely say, you probably own the record for being the one owner to put the most miles on their XLR.

I'm kind of curious, what are some of the more prominent issues you've run into with the XLR over the course of the 200,000 miles? How has the reliability been as the miles increased?
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Spotlight:

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That is very cool. I would definitely say, you probably own the record for being the one owner to put the most miles on their XLR.

I'm kind of curious, what are some of the more prominent issues you've run into with the XLR over the course of the 200,000 miles? How has the reliability been as the miles increased?
    I have had many repairs as you might expect but believe it or not, I only changed brakes three times. I do mostly Interstate driving. Have bought 5 sets of tires. Had a rear axle rebuilt, new headlights. Never had trouble with the top. The car has never broken down on the road. (Thank heavens). Had a new gas tank installed. New radiator installed. That's about all I can remember.
    Henry (professor)