Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub of Cadillac XLR news and information! Click here to check out the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Default 2014 Cadillac ELR

I realize that the XLR Net is dedicated to the 2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR, but in recent years, the Cadillac brand has been making incredible strides in design and innovation with new models ever since the XLR ended production.

One such model, the all electric 2014 Cadillac ELR!

Normally, electric cars do not excite me, but this one is a different story. I fell in love with the 2014 Cadillac ELR concept, and the unveiling solidified it. So I have uploaded photos that I took today after the unveiling:

2014 Cadillac ELR - XLR Net Photo Gallery - Cadillac XLR Photos
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Spotlight:

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Also....if you're interested in learning more about the 2014 Cadillac ELR, head over to our sister site, the Cadillac V-Net, where I will upload the same photos AND include a couple press releases with more details on the car:

Cadillac V-Net | Cadillac V Series Forum | Cadillac Forums | ATS-V | CTS-V | STS-V | XLR-V | Tech | Photos | Production

-Rob
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Spotlight:

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Crystal Red Platinum

Yeah I could be interested in a few years. With Legoland only 6.5 miles away I'd likely not buy gas very often. And with 5kw of solar on my roof, on a sunny day I'd be able to charge it back up and still have a few watts to sell back to TECO.

It would need a big sunroof, though to make up for not being able to drop the whole top. And ventilated or cooled seats are an absolute must.

That's an impressive array of controls on the steering wheel. Good thing, too, after what Consumer Reports had to say about the CUE system in the XTS. Touch-here icons that don't appear until your finger gets close enough? Really?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 XLR

I had already sent my wife a link on the car from another site, that thing is sexy. I've been toying with a Volt for commuting, hope I can afford one of these.
    Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Satin Nickel

Default Great looking car

Quote Originally Posted by b_pappy View Post
    I had already sent my wife a link on the car from another site, that thing is sexy. I've been toying with a Volt for commuting, hope I can afford one of these.
    Bruce
    The ELR sure has alot of the XLR styling in it. I can't wait for a test ride, but my friendly Cadillac Salesman, Randy at Parkway says about a year off and price stll not established. I like the new Corvette too but think the ELR will be a better fit for us. Hope bothe the Vett and the ELR are hits for GM,, On a sadder note sorry to see that 013 is the last year for the Escalade EXT.. Hope the 11 I have runs forever.

JIM