Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Forum News

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar

So far Bruce your post is still on the old place. Lets see how long it stays.. Before I log out for good on the old site is there anything any of the banned members would like me to put in my goob bye. Bruce has started a Good bye thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"

I posted a helpful technical post last night (on the old Forum) and, along with Bruce, mine got deleted as well.

I researched my posting for at least 15 minutes before I posted it. I have technical manuals on DVD for the XLR as well as a unique DVD on repairing the convertible top. After I referenced my materials, I posted. Imagine my disappointment when I checked the “old” forum this morning and my postings were gone (as well as the VERY helpful one Bruce posted).

We all have obligations in life. We all have a limited amount of free time in our day. I enjoy reserving time every day to either check on or post on the XLR forum. I certainly enjoy the friendships that have been cultivated as a result of the Forum. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and having others share theirs. Having said that, I won’t bother posting anything on the old forum anymore. Why bother investing the time and energy when it just gets deleted? I have better things to do with my spare time, and I won’t divide it anymore between the two Forums.

I really hadn’t had any issues with the old Forum until now – heck, I debated changing my screen name to “Switzerland” to display my neutrality! But now I feel what many of the others have felt, and it isn’t good. It’s too bad. They had a great thing going and really screwed it up. I hope their loss is Rob’s gain.

I’ve found a new home here at XLR Net– I’m glad my other friends have as well. Thank you, Rob!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tech View Post
    I just posted this on the "old forum"

I'm done, Good Bye;

I have enjoyed the time spent on this site over the last year...I have made some great friendships. That being said, I won't/can't spend my time trying to help XLR owners with their problems or concerns and then have my posts deleted. It is sad that this once fun place has fallen so far. Life goes on.

Bruce
    Bruce,

After seeing your post on the old forum I also responded to bruces post as follows: (in case it gets deleted before everyone can read it)

Bruce,

I too am little miffed that one person decides what to have posted; if you say something he doesn't like he deletes it or bans you. Maybe if the owners see whats going on they will change it. They are going to be missing the knowledge you provide on our automobiles-being the great XLR technician you are.

Most opinions everyone has is not going to match one another--hence we are not lemmings. Jeryy seems to know alot about the XLR's perhaps he'll answer the questions for everyone now that you are gone.

I myself no longer need this site, as I'LL just keep in touch with you for any problems I encounter with my XLR. The other site seems to have enough knowledge and a better moderator for my needs--So it Adios for me as well.

Cubby558

I"m sure I'll get banned for mentioning the exhalted ruler by name

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Black XLR-V

Go read the latest post on the old site by a new Admin.!!!

Floyd

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"

Too little, too late IMHO. I love my new home here!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Quote Originally Posted by XLR-V Lover View Post
    Go read the latest post on the old site by a new Admin.!!!

Floyd

Grabbed off the old site for everyone. Enjoy the read.:

"We have been looking into the issues regarding moderation and bad users on the site, this problem will be taken care of. It is sad that we are losing anyone and I urge remaining users to stay online as we are in a transitional phase with the site. You will be seeing some new stuff in the near future from us and as a new admin for the site, I will be checking in regularly and trying to keep things in check. Any feedback users can give will be helpful to me so let me know. Thanks"

I guess the banned members and deleted posts must be bad users?

Little Woman
    Marion

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven

Homegameroom, you said it ...

(Way) Too little too late. My, my, whatever took them so long to react??

I'm thinkin' it wasn't just the moderator who wanted us gone anyway .... He claimed to have had "a number" (5,000?? ) of members who were complaining to him about ..... oh, let's see .... they didn't like the WC..... they didn't like the thread hi-jacking ..... they didn't like the blogging ..... it remains pathetic to me that anyone would take the time or energy to contact a moderator and "tattle" ....

Well - there is a ton of old sayings .... Never look back ..... There's a reason for everything.... Don't cry over spilt milk ...... If you can't lead me, then get out of my way .... Everything happens for the best ... I could go on and on ...

But there's nothing there that I would risk this forum for because all of you, who share the same basic value are HERE .... those that don't have chosen to remain behind .... to me that speaks volumes.

Boy .... do we ever make a heck of a grassroots committee!

You guys are the best ..... I am so proud to call you my friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Quote Originally Posted by HOMEGAMEROOM View Post

I’ve found a new home here at XLR Net– I’m glad my other friends have as well. Thank you, Rob!
    You're welcome. Glad to have you guys here!
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Spotlight:

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Red Jewel XLR

Apparently you haven't seen the latest post by Jerry - directly off the old forum posted today 10/22 @ 12:47PM:

APOLOGY TO BRUCE AND THE MEMBERS

Until I read this I wasn't aware that anything Bruce had posted was gone. So I am at a loss BUT I wanted to assue everyone that it wasn'tan intention action on my part.

So I need to know what it was so I can put it back ASAP.

Again my profond apologies.

Jerry

WOW!! He must have heard plenty from the new administrator, Nasheem.
    Rod AKA mtrocket

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven

Profound .... wow .... profound ....

Well - losing Bruce is definetly the stupidest thing ever. (did I say that? I am going to hades for that, I think If I wasn't already banned he would have another reason!)

And he addressed it to all of the members ... all of them .... Well, I guess it is the best way to reach 5,000 people.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Platinum/Ebony,2011DTS,Platinum Edition White Diamond.

Default 5000 minus

Remember it is no longer 5000 since about 100 are no longer there and the 4,900 left are not active so who is going to read his post. My letter is ready to be sent to the VP of autoforums.com. It will go out in the morning (2 pages). He probably won't care but at least I told it like it is. First Robin

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black

Quote Originally Posted by mtrocket View Post
    Apparently you haven't seen the latest post by Jerry - directly off the old forum posted today 10/22 @ 12:47PM:

APOLOGY TO BRUCE AND THE MEMBERS

Until I read this I wasn't aware that anything Bruce had posted was gone. So I am at a loss BUT I wanted to assue everyone that it wasn'tan intention action on my part.

So I need to know what it was so I can put it back ASAP.

Again my profond apologies.

Jerry

WOW!! He must have heard plenty from the new administrator, Nasheem.
    Rod AKA mtrocket

It looks to me like he was told to appologize to Bruce and everyone but he really only appologized for deleteing Bruce's post and appologized to everyone for just that.....not for any of his other actions. Either way it is way too late thanks to rob and this firs class forum not to mention the "class act" xlr-net forum members.....I'm privleged to know/get to know all of you! So with that in mind.....thanks Jerry!!!
    Marc D.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

I got on the old forum to see the apology and they had 0 members on line.
    That apology to me was apologizing to Bruce for taking down his post and the members that posted about it. As far as every one else he has banned, I don't think the apology was intended for them. That's just my opinion. It doesn't matter, because we have found a better home here and a much better admin. in Rob.

First Robin I hope you get a response to your letter.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V

R matey, R ya gonna share the gold letter. Here tell they have a new modertor.
    But doesn't it make you feel better
    Quote Originally Posted by First Robin View Post
    Remember it is no longer 5000 since about 100 are no longer there and the 4,900 left are not active so who is going to read his post. My letter is ready to be sent to the VP of autoforums.com. It will go out in the morning (2 pages). He probably won't care but at least I told it like it is. First Robin
    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
    Standby( Ichiban BB)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Red Jewel XLR

Quote Originally Posted by standby-V View Post
    R matey, R ya gonna share the gold letter. Here tell they have a new modertor.
    But doesn't it make you feel better
    Here's the latest posts:
    from redv:
    What a huge loss!!

from Jerry:
    Well I have asked to be forgiven for an honest error on my part.

Hopefully he'll reconsider.

My apologies to you as well.

from 427:
    Bummer ... Sorry to see this happen.

and again from Jerry:
    I too am sorry to see Bruce go if he doesn't change his mind. So you guys go to work on him. Everybody makes a mistake now and then.

Either way he and the members here are entitiled to see what was posted and have it replaced.

If I can find out what was removed I'll put it right back assuming I have access to it.

So if you guys and ladies know what it is and where it was posted I'll get at it ASAP.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

I agree that the apology seems to be mainly for removing the posts. But I do believe that he truly misses Bruce and his expertise, as it only leaves him to supply the technical stuff (I don't really believe's he's that sharp)
    Oh gee... did I really say that!!!????