Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub of Cadillac XLR news and information! Click here to check out the Cadillac XLR Forums!


Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 95 of 135 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2019

Thread: Daily Chat

  1. #1411
    05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Central PA (Littlestown)
    Posts
    1,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

    Default Daily Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Pearl View Post
    Check out this website and ALL will be revealed!

    Bessingers BBQ

    Explore the site and have fun.

    Be sure to try the onion rings, they're as big as bagels and delicious!

    Try either a Big Joe or Little Joe chopped pork basket, it comes with the sandwich, fries and an onion ring.
    Wendy liked this place so we added it to our list for Sunday we are going to stop down in Charleston before going over to Hilton Head can't check in to 4 pm so got sometime to spare!
    Also they did not have the GM fuel cleaner ($26.50) in stock so they recommended a cleaner called sea foam ( not sure of the spelling) but said its rated the best on the market and found it a at NAPA through our business account for $6.79 a bottle for up to 20 gals.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!


  2. #1412
    Crimson Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tarheel State
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

    Default

    I used to own a Ford Thunderbird with a 4.6L modular engine. They are somewhat prone to carbon buildup in the intake manifold. I was told by the Ford dealer that sold and serviced the car to use the Seafoam cleaner. It appeared to work, after several uses the "check engine" light went away and the error codes cleared and did not reoccur.


    I sold my T-Bird shortly after purchasing Crimson Pearl, so I can't comment on the long-term success of the Seafoam. I was able to purchase Seafoam at my local NAPA Store.


    Be sure to let us know if you enjoy your stop at Thomas Bessingers!
    No, it's NOT my Mid-Life Crisis car! That's what Corvettes are for!

  3. #1413
    Phrede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    N. KY
    Posts
    1,025
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2008 Candy Brandywine XLR-V

    Default

    I have been using SeaFoam for years in all of my vehicles. Highly recommended.

  4. #1414
    05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Central PA (Littlestown)
    Posts
    1,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

    Default Daily Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrede View Post
    I have been using SeaFoam for years in all of my vehicles. Highly recommended.
    Thanks good to know!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!


  5. #1415
    05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Central PA (Littlestown)
    Posts
    1,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

    Default Daily Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Pearl View Post
    I used to own a Ford Thunderbird with a 4.6L modular engine. They are somewhat prone to carbon buildup in the intake manifold. I was told by the Ford dealer that sold and serviced the car to use the Seafoam cleaner. It appeared to work, after several uses the "check engine" light went away and the error codes cleared and did not reoccur.


    I sold my T-Bird shortly after purchasing Crimson Pearl, so I can't comment on the long-term success of the Seafoam. I was able to purchase Seafoam at my local NAPA Store.


    Be sure to let us know if you enjoy your stop at Thomas Bessingers!
    Oh I'm sure we will like it if they been around this long they must be doing something right!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!


  6. #1416
    XLRATING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

    Default

    I "had" to take Victor V out today () since he was blocking Beauty in. Fortunately I had the right fob! Got my foot into him pretty decently from pole position & I think that's the smoothest transmission I have ever felt. Only the hood rising up & down let me know shifts were happening.

    Found out I go through a certain drive thru way too often because the cashier asked me, "Don't you have a red one of these?"

    Guess Victor drives pretty decently even if he is the wrong color!
    yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

    2006 Infrared XLR
    XLR-V sway bar
    Corsa exhaust
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

  7. #1417
    05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Central PA (Littlestown)
    Posts
    1,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

    Default Daily Chat

    Well Roxy just loves the SeaFoam Cleaner she ran like a wildcat and idles smooth as a purring kitten!
    We are in Fayetteville NC for our over night stay!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!


  8. #1418
    Pit Crew
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    3,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2004 Black Raven

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post
    Exactly!! I wonder if the cars come with it.
    Cubby .... don't you remember that couple from NC .... Ed & Sandra? I think this is their garage .....

  9. #1419
    Super Moderator Cadillac Tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cicero,Indiana
    Posts
    3,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lola's Mom View Post
    Cubby .... don't you remember that couple from NC .... Ed & Sandra? I think this is their garage .....
    RA, you are correct, that is their garage & cars.
    Bruce

    Life's too short to drive a boring car

  10. #1420
    Super Moderator Cadillac Tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cicero,Indiana
    Posts
    3,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XLRATING View Post
    I "had" to take Victor V out today () since he was blocking Beauty in. Fortunately I had the right fob! Got my foot into him pretty decently from pole position & I think that's the smoothest transmission I have ever felt. Only the hood rising up & down let me know shifts were happening.

    Found out I go through a certain drive thru way too often because the cashier asked me, "Don't you have a red one of these?"

    Guess Victor drives pretty decently even if he is the wrong color!
    With your history of engine mount abuse... you may want to order a set of engine mounts for Victor.
    Bruce

    Life's too short to drive a boring car

  11. #1421
    Pit Crew
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    3,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2004 Black Raven

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tech View Post

    RA, you are correct, that is their garage & cars.
    Last I heard a couple of years ago, they traded the XLR for a red Mercedes .......

  12. #1422
    Pit Crew sschooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2008 Alpine White XLR

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XLRATING View Post
    I "had" to take Victor V out today..... I think that's the smoothest transmission I have ever felt. Only the hood rising up & down let me know shifts were happening.

    Found out I go through a certain drive thru way too often.....

    Guess Victor drives pretty decently even if he is the wrong color!

    Now are you sure the "hood rising up & down" wasn't you driving up over the drive through curbs? May want to check the engine mounts.....

    Steve

  13. #1423
    XLRATING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tech View Post
    With your history of engine mount abuse... you may want to order a set of engine mounts for Victor.
    Hey now! That 70 Caddy was HEAVY, so it took some ummph on the motor mounts to get it going! I'm sure Victor V is lighter. Plus I haven't broken anything mechanical on XLR's like, say, shifter cables. That's probably what Victor needs extra of.


    Quote Originally Posted by sschooley View Post
    Now are you sure the "hood rising up & down" wasn't you driving up over the drive through curbs? May want to check the engine mounts.....


    Steve
    I'm sure there were no curbs involved. I don't usually make use of "pole position" in drive-thrus.

    That said, Schooley do you wanna race? We can play "R U Faster Than a Redneck" - obviously with you are the redneck.
    yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

    2006 Infrared XLR
    XLR-V sway bar
    Corsa exhaust
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

  14. #1424
    Pit Crew sschooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2008 Alpine White XLR

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XLRATING View Post
    I'm sure there were no curbs involved. I don't usually make use of "pole position" in drive-thrus. That said, Schooley do you wanna race? We can play "R U Faster Than a Redneck" - obviously with you are the redneck.
    If I understand this awesome television show that means I have to GO forward with my 2007 MERCEDES SL 600 since I am expected to be the City idiot to take on the superior US Cadillac XLR.
    Do you really want to do this.....? Even red paint isn't going to save you here...... Now a White XLR might have been different....

    Steve

  15. #1425
    The Last Good Gremlin! GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St Louis Metro Area
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2006 Black Raven XLR-V; 1996 Eldorado ESC-V

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sschooley View Post
    If I understand this awesome television show that means I have to GO forward with my 2007 MERCEDES SL 600 since I am expected to be the City idiot to take on the superior US Cadillac XLR.
    Do you really want to do this.....? Even red paint isn't going to save you here...... Now a White XLR might have been different....

    Steve
    I beg to differ. The SL600 is a dog from a dig. My 98 SL500 would pull two car lengths on the 600 to about 65MPH, then the 600 started gaining and would pull away around 85MPH.

    Given the acceleration of the V, I'd say they would be a dead heat in a quarter mile. The red paint is just gonna make the MB look slower when they're sitting together in the parking lot. Now, with a black XLR, the MB is outgunned and outclassed.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550
    ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo... with a Jet Pack"


    ECTA Land Speed Racing Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion


    If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Cadillac, XLR and XLR-V are registered trademark of the General Motors Corporation & Cadillac Motor Division.  Neither Cadillac Motor Division nor any subsidiaries of GM© shall bear any responsibility for XLR-Net.com content, comments, or advertising. XLR-Net.com is independent from GM© and is not affiliated with, sponsored or supported by GM©.  Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied.  All Rights Reserved