Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub of Cadillac XLR news and information! Click here to check out the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR Platinum, Crystal Red Metalic

Default Prayers for Rod (MTrocket) & Cindy

I just Received this bit of information today and thought you all might send your prayers for Rod
    patrickv2221

I am Rod's brother and I wanted to let you know some information about Rodney. He was in a very serious explosion and fire at his shop on Feb 28 that destroyed the building and his business as well as seriously injured Rod. He is burned over 40% of his body. We are all at the burn center in Denver. The prognosis is good for recovery, but he has a lot of surgeries and skin grafts to go through. Today was the first of the surgeries. The estimation from the hospital is he will be in intensive care for 40 days and then another month in acute rehab in Denver before he is released to go home to Billings for further rehab, which they say will be months. This is going to be a very long and painful recovery with set backs we are told.

I was able to find your email in Rod's account. He is unable to email or talk on the phone right now. He is bound and determined to not cancel the June car rally, however, the rest of us are more realistic that it may be extremely difficult if not impossible for Rod to do so. We are afraid if we forced him to cancel it, he would be very disappointed and lose some drive during recovery. He has enough to worry about with his business destroyed and his health in a very precarious condition.

The family wants you to know that there MAY be a possibility that Rod will have to call off the rally and felt it would only be fair that we let you know what has happened so you are not surprised as the date approaches if he must cancel it. He is SO looking forward to it.

I hope you have the other attendees email addresses, because I have not found them in his email yet. So could you pass this information on to them all?

You can keep track of Rod's progress at

www.caringbridge.org and search for Rodney Hessler

Thank you,
    Marvin Hessler (brother)
    hesslers@att.net
    406-788-5000
    pvw

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Supa & I were deeply saddened to hear of this horrible accident. Our thoughts and prayers are with Rod & Cindy for a speedy recovery.

I just Received this bit of information today and thought you all might send your prayers for Rod
    patrickv2221

I am Rod's brother and I wanted to let you know some information about Rodney. He was in a very serious explosion and fire at his shop on Feb 28 that destroyed the building and his business as well as seriously injured Rod. He is burned over 40% of his body. We are all at the burn center in Denver. The prognosis is good for recovery, but he has a lot of surgeries and skin grafts to go through. Today was the first of the surgeries. The estimation from the hospital is he will be in intensive care for 40 days and then another month in acute rehab in Denver before he is released to go home to Billings for further rehab, which they say will be months. This is going to be a very long and painful recovery with set backs we are told.

I was able to find your email in Rod's account. He is unable to email or talk on the phone right now. He is bound and determined to not cancel the June car rally, however, the rest of us are more realistic that it may be extremely difficult if not impossible for Rod to do so. We are afraid if we forced him to cancel it, he would be very disappointed and lose some drive during recovery. He has enough to worry about with his business destroyed and his health in a very precarious condition.

The family wants you to know that there MAY be a possibility that Rod will have to call off the rally and felt it would only be fair that we let you know what has happened so you are not surprised as the date approaches if he must cancel it. He is SO looking forward to it.

I hope you have the other attendees email addresses, because I have not found them in his email yet. So could you pass this information on to them all?

Thank you,
    Marvin Hessler (brother)
    hesslers@att.net
    406-788-5000
    [/QUOTE]

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Platinum/Ebony,2011DTS,Platinum Edition White Diamond.

Default prayers for Rod & Cindy

Thank you Marvin for informing us of this terrible accident. My prayers go out to Rod & Cindy that he will have a complete recovery and sooner than the doctors are predicting. I am so sorry to hear of this and understand his wanting to keep the trip scheduled which may help him in his recovery. He has certainly worked hard in putting this trip together. The trip is not important to me, getting Rod well is the most important. Please give him and Cindy my very best wishes. Thanks again.
    Robert (BB)

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven

This is terrible news. Like someone just punched me in the gut ..... Rod - you are such a special guy - you've worked so hard and loved by so many, and you give the best hugs and have the best rumbling laugh .... I can hardly believe that anything could ever knock you down .... You hang in there, buddy ..... everything can wait or be replaced - but not you. Ray and I will be thinking of you every day and sending so many positive vibes that you will practically see them. We will wait to hear from you, but meanwhile please ask your brother to keep us updated on your recovery - and, btw, maybe he could post an address where we can send you a card ....... we know this is going to be a long process to complete recovery - and we know your determination to re-build .... so, my dear ..... do everything the good docs tell you and remember you have a troop of prayer warriors there with you ... you can recognize us .... we all arrived in XLR's.
    Love to you ..... RA & Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black Raven XLR-V

Rod, you will be in Amy and I thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Mike
    '07 XLR V & '06 XLR "His & Hers" Life is Good

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

Such terrible news, Rod & family are very much in our thoughts & prayers. We are pulling for you!

It is amazing to me that in the midst of everything that is happening Rod is already thinking & worrying about the XLR trip. I'm not sure my mind would have gotten to that if I were going through the same thing. It's good those thoughts seem to be helping him.

If something is set up for donations, etc. to help Rod out, hopefully we can get the info out on here too.
    yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

2006 Infrared XLR
    XLR-V sway bar
    Corsa exhaust
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Platinum/Ebony,2011DTS,Platinum Edition White Diamond.

Default Address for Rod at Hospital

Rodney Hessler
    University of Colorado Hospital
    12605 E 16th Avenue
    Aurora, Colorado 80045

Phone: 720 848 0000
    Robert (BB)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 XLR

terrible news, my thoughts are prayers are with Rod (& Cindy) during this difficult time and wish him a full recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Black

Our thoughts are with you, stay strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR Platinum, Crystal Red Metalic

Quote Originally Posted by First Robin View Post
    Rodney Hessler
    University of Colorado Hospital
    12605 E 16th Avenue
    Aurora, Colorado 80045

Phone: 720 848 0000

pvw

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004xlr

Never good news to hear. My families thoughts and prayer go out to yours. Hope for a good speedy recovery.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"

Wow! Such horrible news on a terrific friend.

I'm sending good thoughts for Rod's speedy recovery, and strength to Cindy to help him through it. We all feel it when anyone in our XLR family is down.

All my best, Rod & Cindy! You can do it!

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Get Well Rod

Rod and Cindy, you are both in our prayers for a quick and speedy recovery.

I just got off the phone with Rod's brother Marvin. Marvin and his wife along with Cindy are all in Denver . The out pouring of well wishes from everyone has been tremendous and very much appreciated. At times it has been little overwhelming and hopes everyone can appreciate that neither Rod or Cindy are able to get back or talk to everyone at this time. Rod is in good spirits but at the same time in some pain. Marvin did say that when Rod talks about the rally in June there is a twinkle in his eye, and he is very much determined it will still go on. Only time will tell but for now we need Rod to rest as he is going to be in ICU for at least 40 days , mutiple surgeries then followed by accute rehab. I am sure that when Rod can he will let us all know how he is making out.

So for now Rod, get your rest, quit chasing the nurses, and we will talk soon my "Big Sky" friend.

Brian and June

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic

Steve & I are horrified to hear of this and certainly our thoughts and prayers are with Rod and his family. We know he is in for a difficult time but we pray that he has the least painful recovery as possible. May all of our thoughs, prayers and 'good karma' come his way to speed his recovery.
    Sandy
    You can't be a car collector with only one car!
    My XLR: V-Sway Bar, Corsa Exhaust, K&N filter,
    Windrestrictor - Illuminated w/XLR silhouette

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Infrared XLR

This was terrible news to receive today.

Rod, Cindy and family:

Merilee and I wish you a steady, speedy and full recovery. We know this will not be an easy time, but know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

John and Merilee