Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Pit Crew hawkeye372's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    st augustine fl
    Posts
    1,993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2006 infrared xlr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madcurl View Post
    I'm new here (since May 2013), but what is the actual number of members on this forum? When was this forum created? Whose XLR is used on the top of the site (the black XLR with after market wheels)? Also, why is that most members here use small pictures in there postings? Granted, I do however like the ones that are of normal size, but offer the option of increasing the picture.
    yeah how does someone change the size of our pics? is it because of the windows/ mac platform? or just the kind of app they use?

    06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

    Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

    Topless is the only way to drive

    Florida is a convertible state

  2. #32
    Pit Crew MarkSki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2004 Thunder Grey XLR

    Default

    I'm new to this forum and also to another forum. After I was validated here I was able to enter a message. The "other" forum that I joined a couple of weeks ago doesn't work like that. You get validated, you enter a message then you have to wait for the message to be moderated before it is posted.

    I'm still waiting for my question message to be posted and also waiting for a reply message to a section moderator. I've just about given up on the "other" place. If you enter your information, you are validated, why do you have to wait for someone to read your message and decide if it should be posted or not and just how long does it take for one to read a message and allow it to post?

    Oh well I guess owners of forum sites can do what they want. Years ago I ran a Bulliten Board for many many years, and I gave it up once the internet was open to the world. You entered your information, was automaticly validated and you were free to enter your questions and messages. I didn't censor anything or anyone. But that's just me I guess.

    Anyway this is a good site, the 'old timers' make us newbies feel at home right away and everyone jumps in to help answer questions.

    I may continue to visit the 'other' site to read if anything new has been posted but as far as posting anything there myself, I won't be. It's too frustrating.

    Keep up the good work, it's a pleasure to come here.
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

  3. #33
    Pit Crew cubby558's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    So. Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,532
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

    Default Picture size

    I believe the picture size is dictated on how you load it to the forum. The smaller pictures members post are most likely downloaded from their computer, camera phones etc. The large photos are linked from another site like photobucket, etc. where their pictures are stored. Hope this answers your question.



    Quote Originally Posted by madcurl View Post
    I'm new here (since May 2013), but what is the actual number of members on this forum? When was this forum created? Whose XLR is used on the top of the site (the black XLR with after market wheels)? Also, why is that most members here use small pictures in there postings? Granted, I do however like the ones that are of normal size, but offer the option of increasing the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye372 View Post
    yeah how does someone change the size of our pics? is it because of the windows/ mac platform? or just the kind of app they use?


    Cubby558

    "If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

  4. #34
    Site Administrator Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    5,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    Don't have one yet!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madcurl View Post
    I'm new here (since May 2013), but what is the actual number of members on this forum? When was this forum created? Whose XLR is used on the top of the site (the black XLR with after market wheels)? Also, why is that most members here use small pictures in there postings? Granted, I do however like the ones that are of normal size, but offer the option of increasing the picture.
    If you look at the bottom of the front page of the forums, it will show you the current forum statistics. We currently have 1,028 members.

    The site/forum was created in 2007.

    The black XLR in the logo is just an image I found on the web when I was looking for ideas to create a site logo.

    Those small pictures you're referring to are called "Avatars". See this thread at the top of this Site Help and Feedback forum: http://www.xlr-net.com/forums/site-h...-username.html
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

    Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

    Spotlight:

  5. #35
    Site Administrator Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    5,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    Don't have one yet!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkSki View Post
    I'm new to this forum and also to another forum. After I was validated here I was able to enter a message. The "other" forum that I joined a couple of weeks ago doesn't work like that. You get validated, you enter a message then you have to wait for the message to be moderated before it is posted.

    I'm still waiting for my question message to be posted and also waiting for a reply message to a section moderator. I've just about given up on the "other" place. If you enter your information, you are validated, why do you have to wait for someone to read your message and decide if it should be posted or not and just how long does it take for one to read a message and allow it to post?

    Oh well I guess owners of forum sites can do what they want. Years ago I ran a Bulliten Board for many many years, and I gave it up once the internet was open to the world. You entered your information, was automaticly validated and you were free to enter your questions and messages. I didn't censor anything or anyone. But that's just me I guess.

    Anyway this is a good site, the 'old timers' make us newbies feel at home right away and everyone jumps in to help answer questions.

    I may continue to visit the 'other' site to read if anything new has been posted but as far as posting anything there myself, I won't be. It's too frustrating.

    Keep up the good work, it's a pleasure to come here.
    Thank you!

    Unfortunately, in this day and age, with how technology has progressed, "bots", spammers and hackers are like flies; they're everywhere and always doing their best to try and break-in. That's why a lot of forum web sites use various moderation techniques to verify that a new user/member isn't a bot, spammer, or hacker. All forum sites use different methods and some are good, and some are just way over the top.

    If you know what you're doing, you don't have to integrate over-protective techniques that negatively impact a true, honest member.
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

    Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

    Spotlight:

  6. #36
    Site Administrator Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    5,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    Don't have one yet!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye372 View Post
    yeah how does someone change the size of our pics? is it because of the windows/ mac platform? or just the kind of app they use?
    See this thread:

    http://www.xlr-net.com/forums/site-h...-username.html
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

    Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

    Spotlight:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Cadillac, XLR and XLR-V are registered trademark of the General Motors Corporation & Cadillac Motor Division.  Neither Cadillac Motor Division nor any subsidiaries of GM© shall bear any responsibility for XLR-Net.com content, comments, or advertising. XLR-Net.com is independent from GM© and is not affiliated with, sponsored or supported by GM©.  Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied.  All Rights Reserved