Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Default Opinions on the XLR Net?

So, what are your thoughts on the XLR Net in general?

What features, options or information would you like to see here?
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Spotlight:

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Just thought I'd bring this up to the top again.

If there's something you'd like to see here, or something that you might want to see different, just let me know.
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Spotlight:

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Default Great Site!!!!

Rob,

Site looks great. I think you are going to find it getting alot busier here, as a bunch of us have moved fron another site to here!!

Cubby558

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post
    Rob,

Site looks great. I think you are going to find it getting alot busier here, as a bunch of us have moved fron another site to here!!

Cubby558
    Thanks Cubby!
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

Spotlight:

Supporting Vendor Windrestrictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rob,

Just joined, sent a message in to the site regarding support about an hour ago. Can you please have someone contact me? Thanks so much! Look forward to checking this forum out some more. Is there a stat link you can send me?

~WR Crew
    Stephen Pennington

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005,XLR

Default like to see.

I'd like to see streaming video.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2013 Graphite Metallic XTS Platinum

I'd like to be able to cut and paste Word docs with embedded pictures into the message field so I can write some procedures with pics.

There's another Cadillac enthusiast site that has this capability and as soon as procedures are generated, they're usually posted on the site's FAQ, which works real well as a one-stop place for DIY'ers. The site isn't well attended by XLR members, so I'd rather post here for maximum effect in the community.

I find that as detailed as the GM shop manuals are, things don't always go the way the manual describes and the sketches aren't as helpful as pictures. In some cases, the procedures omit key steps, so I have to wonder if whomever wrote it actually performed the task. I document it as I do it, so it's as accurate as I can make it. I'm able to generate and render computer models too --if a picture isn't good enough to describe how something functions. Add streaming video per Galen's request and I can post animations too if needed. (I'm an animator and engineer.)

Other than that, I like this site's layout!

CC

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005,XLR

What's with the black bar in front of the gallery pictures? It overlays the picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Quote Originally Posted by galen View Post
    What's with the black bar in front of the gallery pictures? It overlays the picture.
    What black bar in front of gallery pictures? I'm not seeing that.
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

Spotlight:

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005,XLR

The action bar that you click to move from one picture to another lays over the top of the picture. Must be my res. setting causing this.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"

An XLR Registry would be fun - VIN #, location, mods done, interior/exterior color, mileage, etc.

Also, one thing I miss is the birthday notifications we got on the "old" forum on the bottom of the home page. It was nice to see who was having a birthday and to wish them well.... or am I not looking in the right spot?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Quote Originally Posted by HOMEGAMEROOM View Post
    An XLR Registry would be fun - VIN #, location, mods done, interior/exterior color, mileage, etc.

Also, one thing I miss is the birthday notifications we got on the "old" forum on the bottom of the home page. It was nice to see who was having a birthday and to wish them well.... or am I not looking in the right spot?
    hehe....it's coming! I'm in the process of testing one on the Corvette Action Center and I should be releasing that one within the next 24 - 48 hours.

Once I have it working there, I'm going to port the scripts and database schema here.

I'm probably going to need help from everyone here with the XLR Registry, because I will probably have questions like:

"how much was this option in 2006?"
    "was this or that an option or standard on the 2005..."

etc...

Stay tuned!!! I'm actually very excited about this!
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

Spotlight:

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Quote Originally Posted by galen View Post
    The action bar that you click to move from one picture to another lays over the top of the picture. Must be my res. setting causing this.

Galen,

That shows up if your cursur is on the picture itself. Move your cursur off the pic and it disappears--your pics will still scroll.

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    hehe....it's coming! I'm in the process of testing one on the Corvette Action Center and I should be releasing that one within the next 24 - 48 hours.

Once I have it working there, I'm going to port the scripts and database schema here.

I'm probably going to need help from everyone here with the XLR Registry, because I will probably have questions like:

etc...

As always, YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Red Jewel XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

etc...

Hey Rob...
    I think your excitement is rubbing off on the rest of us!! You never cease to amaze me... Absolutely LOVE what you continue to do for us!!
    THIS FORUM MAKES THE "OTHER" LOOK LIKE A CHILD IS RUNNING IT (oh wait... maybe there is - gee, did I REALLY just say that)...
    Rod
    aka mt