Welcome to the XLR Net Knowledgebase.
This Knowledgebase has been developed to cover the most frequently asked questions about Cadillac XLR. Using our system, you can search for topics separated into categories. Some of the information here comes directly from GM Service News publications, Service Bulletins, Recall Notices and other technical sources as indicated.
DISCLAIMER: This Knowledgebase may contain information from other Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts as well as professional engineers, literature, and service technicians (where noted). Any information used from this Knowledgebase is used at your own risk. Although we do our best to screen and verify the information provided here, the XLR Net is not responsible for any inaccuracy in this Knowlegebase. Always consult your service manual and/or a qualified automotive service technician before conducting automotive repairs. For further information, please review our Legal Disclaimer.
|Search the Knowledgebase
||Browse by Category
|View Questions by Category
There are no sub categories
Electrical and Ignition
There were 28 questions found in this category:
(Page 1 of 2)
- 2004 - 2007 Cadillac XLR: Service Bulletin: Revised Fuel Sender Values For The Chevrolet Corvette And The Cadillac XLR
Document ID: 2460616 #PIC4159B: Revised Fuel Sender Values For The Chevrolet Corvette And The Cadillac XLR - keywords PIC4159 PIC4159A - (May 3, 2010) Subject: Revised Fuel Sender Values For The Chevrolet Corvette and Cadillac XLR Models: 1997-2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2004-2007 Cadilla ...
- 2004 - 2009: GM TechLink: No Fob Detected Message
Source: GM TechLink Date: February 20, 2014 A No Fob Detected message may be displayed on the Driver Information Center of some 2004-2009 XLR and 2005-2013 Corvette models when attempting to start the vehicle. The engine may not crank/start and the vehicle’s doors may not open through p ...
- 2005 - 2009: TechLink Article: Noticeable Difference in Audio Volume Level
Title: Noticeable Difference in Audio Volume Level Source: GM TechLink Publication Date: January 2012 On some 2006-2012 LaCrosse (Allure), Lucerne; 2011-2012 Regal; 2010-2012 Camaro; 2005-2012 Corvette; 2006-2012 Impala; 2006-2007 Monte Carlo; 2004-2012 Malibu; 2012 Sonic; 2005-2012 CTS, SRX; ...
- 2004 - 2009: Bose Sound System for the Cadillac XLR
See attached document below:
- 2009: Service Information: Electronic Brake Control Module Communication
Source: GM Techlink Date: October 2010 Subject: Electronic Brake Control Module Communication Models: 2009 Cadillac XLR On some 2008-2011 Enclave; 2007-2011 Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali X ...
- 2004 - 2009 XLR: Service Information: Head-Up Display Conditions
Source: GM Techlink Date: January 2011 Subject: Head-Up Display Conditions Models: 2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR A Head-Up Display (HUD) (Fig. 9) is available on the 1999-2005 Park Avenue, 2010-2011 Lacrosse, 2004-2009 XLR, 2005-2011 STS, 1999-2011 Corvette, 2011-Camaro, 2007-2011 Acadia, 1999-2005 ...
- 2004 - 2006 XLR: Service Bulletin: Wipers Will Not Park
Subject: Wipers Will Not Park Number: #PIC3761 Models: 2004-2006 Cadillac XLR 2005-2006 Chevrolet Corvette The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI. Condition/Concern: Some customers may state that the wipers will not pa ...
- 2004: XM Antenna Installation on XLR
When a 2004 Cadillac XLR is ordered with the optional XM radio, the antenna is shipped loose. It must be installed before delivery of the vehicle (at customer request). A detailed instruction sheet is supplied with the antenna kit. Here are some highlights. TIP: Install protective coverings ove ...
- 2004 XLR: Resetting the Engine Oil Life Monitor
1. Press the up or down arrow to scroll the DIC to show OIL LIFE. 2. Once the XXX% ENGINE OIL LIFE menu item is highlighted, press and hold the RESET button until the percentage shows 100%. Repeat the steps if the percentage does not return to 100. 3. Turn the key to OFF. If the Change Oil Now ...
- 2008: TechLink Article: Heated Steering Wheel Fuse
For 2008, the XLR has a heated steering wheel. A fuse has been added to the fuse block below the passenger foot area (fig. 7). TIP: The owner manual will not be updated to include this information until 2009. - Thanks to Brad Thacher
- 2004 - 2008: TechLink Article: Door Handle Release Button
Some owners of a 2004-08 XLR or Corvette may comment that the inside door handle release button switch will not release either the driver or passenger door. Verify that the door lock is not on. Further investigation will show that the door will function from the release handle/cable on the floor ...
- 2005 - 2008: TechLink Article: Fob Conditions
Some owners of a 2005-08 Corvette or XLR may comment of an occasional No Fob Detected message on the DIC display when the fob is located somewhere on the driver's seat. They also may comment that the fob reminder (3 horn honks) is heard when exiting the vehicle with the key fob. This is because ...
- 2004 - 2008 XLR and XLR-V: TechLink Article: "Shift to Park" Message
On some 2004-08 Cadillac XLR and V models, the Driver Information Center (DIC) may display a "Shift To Park" message when the vehicle is in Park, or the Auto Door Lock/Unlock features may be inoperative. Also, the ignition mode switch may not go to the Off position. One of these may be the caus ...
- 2009: GM TechLink Article: EBCM Condition
2007-09 Escalade, Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, Outlook 2008-09 Enclave, G8 2009 XLR, Corvette During normal diagnostics and/or repair verification, the ABS light, Traction Control and/or Stabilitrak indicators may be on with no DTCs displayed by the EBCM. This c ...
- 2009: Tech Link Article: Bluetooth Issues
This information applies to the following vehicles with UE1 and UPF: 2008-09 CTS, CTS-V 2009 Allure, Enclave, Lacrosse, Lucerne, DTS, Escalade, SRX, STS, XLR, Cobalt, Corvette, Equinox, HHR, Impala, Malibu, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, TrailBlazer, Traverse, Acadia, Envoy, Sierra, Yukon, H2, H3, ...
- 2004 - 2005: Campaign: Exterior Lighting - Turn Signal Malfunction
MAKE/MODELS: MODEL/BUILD YEARS: Cadillac/XLR 2004-2005 MANUFACTURER: General Motors Corp. NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID NUMBER: 06V263000 MFG'S REPORT DATE: July 12, 2006 COMPONENT: Exterior Lighting: Turn Signal POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 7689 SUMMARY: On certain passenger vehicles, the Daylight ...
- 2006 XLR: Service Information: High Mount Stop Lamp Replacement
Document ID: 1109348 Subject: High Mount Stop Lamp Replacement Removal Procedure Models: 2006 Cadillac XLR | XLR (VIN Y) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The high mount stop lamp is illuminated by a Light Emitting Diode (LED). The lamp and diode a ...
- 2004 - 2008: Service Bulletin: Stabilitrak/Active Handling Light On, Service Stabilitrak/Active Handling Message on DIC
Subject: Stabilitrak/Active Handling Light On, Service Stabilitrak/Active Handling Message on DIC, DTC C0710 Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) Signal Set (Install Clip in SWPS Connector) #06-02-35-002B - (10/19/2007) Models: 2004-2008 Cadillac XLR 2005-2008 Chevrolet Corvette with Steering ...
- 2008 - 2004 XLR & XLR-V: Service Bulletin: Poor Reception of Radio Stations on AM Band, Static/Popping Noise (Install Antenna Service Kit)
#08-08-44-009: Poor Reception of Radio Stations on AM Band, Static/Popping Noise (Install Antenna Service Kit) - (Apr 3, 2008) Subject: Poor Reception of Radio Stations on AM Band, Static/Popping Noise (Install Antenna Service Kit) Models: 2004-2008 Cadillac XLR, XLR-V Condition Some customers m ...
- 2004 - 2005: Service Information: No Crank, PRNDL Inoperative
Owners of some 2005 Chevrolet Corvettes and 2004 - 05 Cadillac XLRs may experience a no-crank condition, with no codes in any module. The concern may be followed by an inoperative transmission range indicator (PRNDL). The Tech 2 will show the transmission range circuits are all reading high whe ...
(Page 1 of 2)