PDA

View Full Version : D3 Stage 1/2 install

gatorwilly
09-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Getting ready to install the D3 Stage 1/2 air intake on my 07 V.. Any vets out there with any hints, tips, or cautions before the wrench comes out?
Thanks, WW

Whit
09-22-2010, 02:54 PM
The rubber flange between the new runners and the intake on the supercharger is a tight fit - just take your time. Also, do not over tighten the bolts with the studs for the engine cover. I placed the tuner box inside the front fender, there is a small opening towards the front end.

Good luck.

Todd

gatorwilly
09-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks Todd.. I was thinking of using a light lube on the runners to help them slide into the connectors.. Not doing the tuner thing at this time but I'm sure that will be next..WW

richardyoo
09-23-2010, 03:42 AM
I had to trim one of the flange tabs to get it to fit... but it wasn't a big deal.

I ended up sending the ecu box back, and getting a dyno tune done instead... just a thought.

gatorwilly
10-03-2010, 05:33 PM
It's on.. It fits [very snug].. Appreciate the previous advice.. Car runs great.. Computer is figuring out what is going on.. Took my time, [most of the day].. Stayed hydrated [six pack of Miller].. My best tools where a thin coat of Vasoline on the connectors and a rubber mallet..

Now, the next project.. Engine cover modification.. Has anyone with this setup modified the engine cover to fit? If so, educate me. Thanks for any info.. Bill [looking for fall in fla..]

richardyoo
10-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Now, the next project.. Engine cover modification.. Has anyone with this setup modified the engine cover to fit? If so, educate me. Thanks for any info.. Bill [looking for fall in fla..]

I have not modified the cover to fit, but would love to do so... if you come up with any ideas please share! :)