PDA

View Full Version : V series HPDE - Monticello

XLRATING
10-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I'd never been to one of these types of things, although Mike has been on me to go since he went to a V series Academy years ago. We all got to drive CTS-V's through a road course, with instruction. It was a fantastic experience (although I was not having fun at first as I had NO idea what I was doing) & I recommend doing one if you have the chance. Learning how to drive a road course, head into a sharp curve at 70-80 mph & get thru to the other side in one piece is a blast. The instructors were great & I learned a lot.

The cars were all stock & were mostly coupes. You can't bring your own car even if you want to, & I would rather tear up someone else's car anyway. The CTS-V is a really impressive performer, although it would almost be a shame to own one & never take it on the track (not a problem for me since I don't own one!). We also got to do a couple of laps with an instructor driving to really see what the car can do.

The only bad side effect is I quickly learned not to look at my speedometer at all. I'm trying to unlearn that before it catches up me!

Harrisburg Hat
07-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Got my invitation from the dealership today. Hoping to hear from the folks at Monticello any time now. :burnout:

XLRATING
07-13-2012, 07:29 PM
You will love it!

Good thing you know some boys in blue, because if you don't already know what they teach (& you may from your past job), you WILL use it on the road. Sometimes I do with my daily driver - & its's no V!.