PDA

View Full Version : CTS V Coupe?

graytoad
10-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Anyone out there own a CTS V Coupe? My hubby :love: is wanting one and was just wondering what you have to say!

XLRATING
10-10-2011, 07:17 AM
For what it's worth, I spent a day in one at a V series High Performance Driving Experience and would LOVE to have one! The point of the "experience" is to show you what the car is capable of & to teach you how to drive it on a road course. Boy is it capable! The handling & speed are unbelievable. We also did braking exercises (slam on the brakes see how quickly it stops, then see how it can turn while doing that), & a slalom. The engine & exhaust are actually pretty quiet - it's a sleeper - & for as much as I paid attention to it the seat was comfortable. I think it had the Recaro seats, which are recommended but are also an extra $3k option.

I really disliked how the rear end looked at first, but it grew on me. There's pretty much no view out the rear window - but who needs to see what they're beating? :D. They have an option where the nav screen pops up as a rear view camera when you put the car in reverse, & you really need it.

Not sure how much a one day experience helps, but it got the car my vote. Good luck to your husband on his decision, & I'll be jealous if he gets one!

onalaska
10-10-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm in Atlanta this Saturday to attend the V series preformance lab at Road Atlanta. They are supposed to have all of the CTS V vehicles there to drive. Should be an interesting experience. I've drivent the coupe, but not the V version and it is a real nice car. I agree on the rear view camera and it works well when you are backing up.

XLRATING
10-10-2011, 10:54 AM
How did you snag an invite to a performance lab? :worship:

Don't know if you've driven on Road Atlanta before, but my husband did the V Performance Academy at Road Atlanta & said it was a fantastic course. He did 120 on one of the straightaways, did skid pad work, etc, & got to drive STS & XLR V's. That experience is why he kept picking at me to do a V series HPDE. Hope you have a great time!

GizmoQ
10-10-2011, 12:32 PM
For what it's worth, I spent a day in one at a V series High Performance Driving Experience and would LOVE to have one!

Not sure how much a one day experience helps, but it got the car my vote. Good luck to your husband on his decision, & I'll be jealous if he gets one!

Agree 100% with the above! I did the performance lab at Joliet, IL and it was a blast. Ultra-capable car. The skid pad session made me take my XLR out to a skidpad and perform the same maneuvers for comparison (not even close).

The look of the car is growing on me, I just don't like the rear end. The interior is well appointed and has room in the back seats for two adults.

Modders are going to be disappointed with this car. It needs nothing. The suspension, brakes, wheels and tires are a matched SYSTEM. Each is specifically designed for this car and work in harmony to achieve the amazing handling performance and controlability. Change any one and you significantly impact the performance of the whole system. I know you like stockers so this isn't an issue for you.

I'm in Atlanta this Saturday to attend the V series preformance lab at Road Atlanta. They are supposed to have all of the CTS V vehicles there to drive. Should be an interesting experience.

I was very impressed with the lab, although track time was minimal. Am considering doing another photo shoot at Road Atlanta this weekend just to see if they'll let me do it again. :reddevil

graytoad
10-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Steve has really zoned in on getting one but he has decided to go for a used 2011 just as soon as the 2012's really get streaming onto the market so the price on the 2011's drops. He already has figured on adding some stuff :D from D3: a Street Performance Stage 2 kit, an exhaust system inake and tuner that adds 45bhp bringing it up to 600 :( good thing our son isin the tire business ;)

I guess this is his retirement gift to himself! :rocker:

onalaska
10-11-2011, 07:32 AM
I was very impressed with the lab, although track time was minimal. Am considering doing another photo shoot at Road Atlanta this weekend just to see if they'll let me do it again. :reddevil

Giz, U going to be there this weekend? I'm flying into Atlanta Friday and will be there for the Saturday morning session.

onalaska
10-11-2011, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=XLRATING;34477]How did you snag an invite to a performance lab? :worship:

Sign up for the newsletter http://www.cadillac.com/request-information/ and they may post another invitation to attend. You just have to contact them as soon as you get the newsletter invitation because they can only take about 50 at a time at one location.

GizmoQ
10-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Giz, U going to be there this weekend? I'm flying into Atlanta Friday and will be there for the Saturday morning session.

If I can grab a jet to Dobbins. Won't know till Thursday.

XLRATING
10-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Onalaska - thanks for the link - got it! :wave: