PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Cadillac CTS Images Revealed a Day Early

Rob
03-25-2013, 11:28 PM
The all-new 2014 Cadillac CTS midsize luxury sedan will go sale in the fall, 2013. A longer, lower and more athletic-looking proportion is introduced on Cadillacís landmark sedan and evolves the brandís Art & Science design philosophy.

http://www.xlr-net.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-cts-v/2689d1364268480-2014-cadillac-cts-images-revealed-day-early-2014.jpg

Phrede
03-26-2013, 01:54 AM
I do like the look. If only there was a convertible in the V flavor.

Rob
03-26-2013, 07:50 AM
More photos:

cubby558
03-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Great looking car!!

Looks like the side vents have finally run their course!! Hooray!!:lol::lol:

hawkeye372
03-26-2013, 10:34 AM
More photos:
great looking car

hawkeye372
03-26-2013, 10:36 AM
you never know. maube down the line there will be:dunno: that'll be good

hawkeye372
03-26-2013, 10:39 AM
The all-new 2014 Cadillac CTS midsize luxury sedan will go sale in the fall, 2013. A longer, lower and more athletic-looking proportion is introduced on Cadillacís landmark sedan and evolves the brandís Art & Science design philosophy.

http://www.xlr-net.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-cts-v/2689d1364268480-2014-cadillac-cts-images-revealed-day-early-2014.jpg
cadillac has gone a long way in making their cars more sporty looking

hawkeye372
03-26-2013, 10:40 AM
More photos:

Did they get rid of the fog lights and make them the high def looking ones on the side? down from the headlights?

05 GRAND DADDY
03-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Did they get rid of the fog lights and make them the high def looking ones on the side? down from the headlights?

Looks like a couple different sets of LEDS LINES around outsides of the main lights and some on lower area of the front bumper too??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

05 GRAND DADDY
03-26-2013, 01:01 PM

And also 2 Door Coupe for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Tiffany's Dad
03-27-2013, 07:21 AM
Very nice looking. Other than the front end it looks alot like my new 2013 XTS.

XLRATING
03-27-2013, 04:24 PM
VERY surprised they are calling the twin turbo "V Sport" and putting a variant of the V emblem on it - at least per the Cadillac web site. Cadillac has worked very hard to establish the V series brand (pretty successfully in my opinion), & it seems that would water down that brand & cause confusion. But I'll be the first to admit I'm no marketing expert!

Pricing for the new CTS should be interesting. I was hoping the ATS pricing would be more entry level to attract those who haven't owned Caddies before. Right now it's substantially overlapping the current CTS pricing. Guess they're going to bump the CTS price up - & who knows what stratosphere the V series price will end up in now that there will be a "V Sport."

cubby558
03-28-2013, 09:15 AM
I thought the same thing, but perhaps they will make the V series vehicles in very limited production now. Also heard the wagon is gone, in both the standard CTS and the V series. Hopefully there will be a hardtop convertible in the future!!

VERY surprised they are calling the twin turbo "V Sport" and putting a variant of the V emblem on it - at least per the Cadillac web site. Cadillac has worked very hard to establish the V series brand (pretty successfully in my opinion), & it seems that would water down that brand & cause confusion. But I'll be the first to admit I'm no marketing expert!

Pricing for the new CTS should be interesting. I was hoping the ATS pricing would be more entry level to attract those who haven't owned Caddies before. Right now it's substantially overlapping the current CTS pricing. Guess they're going to bump the CTS price up - & who knows what stratosphere the V series price will end up in now that there will be a "V Sport."

XLRATING
03-28-2013, 02:03 PM
I thought the same thing, but perhaps they will make the V series vehicles in very limited production now. Also heard the wagon is gone, in both the standard CTS and the V series. Hopefully there will be a hardtop convertible in the future!!

I'm pretty sure the V wagon at least is gone - went to an event where the head of the performance division was asked about the V wagon's future, & he said, "It does have a cult following. We sold 400 units last year (2011)." He didn't give any more of an answer but "cult following" has an eerily familiar sound . . .

Maybe they won't continue the V series at all for "Government Motors"/fuel economy reasons. I've always been surprised that it survived the government takeover & bankruptcy.

graytoad
03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm pretty sure the V wagon at least is gone - went to an event where the head of the performance division was asked about the V wagon's future, & he said, "It does have a cult following. We sold 400 units last year (2011)." He didn't give any more of an answer but "cult following" has an eerily familiar sound . . .

Maybe they won't continue the V series at all for "Government Motors"/fuel economy reasons. I've always been surprised that it survived the government takeover & bankruptcy.

Correct me if I have heard wrong, but for 2014 there will still the be CTS wagon and the CTS coupe as we know it and the CTS 4 door will be the new longer wider model. I do not know about the V verison of the wagon.

cubby558
03-31-2013, 07:39 AM
From everything I've read the wagon is gone for the 2014 model year, so I doubt there will be a 3rd Generation V-Wagon. See the link below:

Disappointing Sales Sentence the Cadillac CTS Wagon to Be Axed! - autoevolution (http://www.autoevolution.com/news/disappointing-sales-sentence-the-cadillac-cts-wagon-to-be-axed-52268.html)

Correct me if I have heard wrong, but for 2014 there will still the be CTS wagon and the CTS coupe as we know it and the CTS 4 door will be the new longer wider model. I do not know about the V verison of the wagon.

CoCoXLR
04-01-2013, 04:05 AM
I love the interior of this very modern-ish car!

Harrisburg Hat
08-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Rumor, from a reliable source, has it the V sport is replacing the V for 2014. That is a turbo 6 cylinder vs the 556 hp V8. The wagon is also history. It has something to do with the mileage legislation on American manufactures and some bean counters looking at sales number volume. For the V owners this is good news as re-sale will bring premium $$$$. Just what I heard...:cool:

SrChief
08-19-2013, 03:03 PM
According to the September issue of Road & Track the CTS gets a $6,000 price bump over last years. It goes on to say that it is now the same size of the BMW and Mercedes sedans Cadillac wants to compete with. length is up 5 inches but weight dropped 250 pounds.The base engine is a 272 HP four that produces 0-60 in 6.1 sec and the 3.6 liter V6 has 321 Hp and comes with an eight speed automatic. The "V' will have a 420 HP twin-turbo V6.

mtrocket
08-19-2013, 05:48 PM
The "V' will have a 420 HP twin-turbo V6.

Interesting, the same engine is supposed to be in the ATSV (sport?). The lighter weight of the ATS vs. the CTSV(sport?) should enable the ATSV to fly low pretty well...

XLR-V Lover
08-20-2013, 07:41 PM
CTS still leaves me cold. . .:(

cubby558
08-20-2013, 09:31 PM
You need to drive a V, Floyd. Your mind will be changed:) With the extra 110hp and improved magnetic ride, this car is the best value for the money, by far!!:cool:

CTS still leaves me cold. . .:(

XLR-V Lover
08-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Cubby,
That may all be true power wise, it's the puffy bloated look that bothers me.

cubby558
08-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Is it because all you are ever seeing is the a$$ end of one passing you? :laugh::laugh:

All kidding aside, with the CTS becoming a larger vehicle for the 2014 model year, I'm leaning toward the ATS if they decide on a V series--preferably a convertible coupe!!

Cubby,
That may all be true power wise, it's the puffy bloated look that bothers me.

XLR-V Lover
08-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Cubby,

Actually, I've never had the occasion to run one. . .would I love it???? HELL YEAH!!!!!!! :reddevil

cubby558
08-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Come to Bowling Green in September, I'll have both V's there and I'll give you the opportunity.:reddevil:reddevil

Cubby,

Actually, I've never had the occasion to run one. . .would I love it???? HELL YEAH!!!!!!! :reddevil

XLR-V Lover
08-23-2013, 04:31 PM
I considered it but being there won't be a plant tour, as I'm fooling with the idea of a C7, been there, done that--twice! :squint: