PDA

View Full Version : 2012 CTS-V Black Diamond

Harrisburg Hat
08-18-2013, 12:13 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V, Black Diamond / Black CTS-V interior with Carbon Fiber trim accents. Garage kept and perfect. Navigation, back-up camera, panoramic roof; Every option Cadillac would allow when built. This car built with CTS-V ground affect trim and rear spoiler. 3,500 miles at time of posting. This car has never seen rain or been stored without complete detailing. Cadillac has announced that they will no longer build the 556 hp engine for 2014. The price is absolutely firm at $54,000.00. Please, serious inquiries only. PM me with questions.

cubby558
08-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Hatty,

Sorry to hear you getting rid of the CTS-V. The following is an old article, but states the next gen will have a V-8, just don't know if it will be supercharged or twin-turbo. I'd like to know your sources and how accurate they are??

Word on the street is that the next-gen Cadillac CTS-V, due as a 2014 model, will retain its force-fed powerplant but its design will be based on the modern 6.2-liter LT1 that will find a home under the hood of the new Corvette. General Motors is reportedly working on two variants of the engine, one supercharged and the other with twin turbochargers one of the engines will serve duty in the upcoming CTS-V and the brand's upcoming rear-wheel drive flagship. Expect the engine, regardless of its intake method, to make more power than the current powerplant (a 6.2-liter V8 with an Eaton Twin Vortices Series supercharger developing 556 horsepower and 551 pound-feet of torque), but with improved efficiency.

The ATS-V, still officially unannounced, will reportedly get a twin-turbocharged V6. That engine should be plenty powerful, but if consumers demand even more displacement there is room under the hood for something as large as a 7.0-liter V8, say reports. Wouldn't that be fun?

2012 Cadillac CTS-V, Black Diamond / Black CTS-V interior with Carbon Fiber trim accents. Garage kept and perfect. Navigation, back-up camera, panoramic roof; Every option Cadillac would allow when built. This car built with CTS-V ground affect trim and rear spoiler. 3,500 miles at time of posting. This car has never seen rain or been stored without complete detailing. Cadillac has announced that they will no longer build the 556 hp engine for 2014. The price is absolutely firm at $54,000.00. Please, serious inquiries only. PM me with questions.

Harrisburg Hat
08-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Two separate dealers were talking to me, one who is somewhat connected. They both related that the twin turbo six cylinder was replacing the current power plant. That being said I would presume your sources are better than mine. I would be suspect of Cadillac putting the Corvette derivative under the hood. However, times and the decision makers have changed / evolved since 2004-09. I guess we will see.
As for listing mine on the site. I am testing the waters. As you can see I do not get it out too much. We might have to schedule a play date and hit the twisties somewhere.:cool:

Rob
08-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Car and Driver is reporting that the ATS-V will get the twin Turbo charged V6 from the XTS Vsport. I have it posted on http://www.cadillacvnet.com

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cubby558
08-23-2013, 09:03 AM
You already have a variant of the Corvette engine in your current CTS-V. (Same block, different internals, smaller supercharger.) My guess is they may test the waters with Supercharging the new Corvette engine in the CTS-V, before developing a more powerful variation for a Z06 or ZR1 model for the new C7's.

.................................................. ..... I would be suspect of Cadillac putting the Corvette derivative under the hood. ...........................................
As for listing mine on the site. I am testing the waters. As you can see I do not get it out too much. We might have to schedule a play date and hit the twisties somewhere.:cool:

Harrisburg Hat
09-04-2013, 06:23 PM
That makes sense...I knew you would know more about it than I did...