PDA

View Full Version : Elwood exhaust

hawkeye372
08-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Some of those like the grey one has larger exhaust tips. Boy I bet those out out the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eslic1
08-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Hawkeye... The Thunder Gray one is mine but the black (Gizmo & Elwood) one next to me is about the loudest thing on the street, I kid you not. It sounds beastly.

Some of those like the grey one has larger exhaust tips. Boy I bet those out out the sound.

GizmoQ
08-26-2014, 03:51 PM
Hawkeye... The Thunder Gray one is mine but the black (Gizmo & Elwood) one next to me is about the loudest thing on the street, I kid you not. It sounds beastly.

:chuckle Sorta Kinda. If you only knew..... You had to be there to really appreciate it :chuckle

hawkeye372
08-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Well be it gizmo. I think he wants everyone to know he's coming around the corner or 5 miles away

Eslic1
08-26-2014, 09:28 PM
That is so true.... Elwood definitely needs some anger management counseling....lol.

:chuckle Sorta Kinda. If you only knew..... You had to be there to really appreciate it :chuckle

hawkeye372
08-26-2014, 09:31 PM
That is so true.... Elwood definitely needs some anger management counseling....lol.

Yep lol

Popbigguy
08-27-2014, 11:19 AM
but the black (Gizmo & Elwood) one next to me is about the loudest thing on the street, I kid you not. It sounds beastly.

Soo... Does that mean that you got your headers on the car now, Giz??

GizmoQ
08-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Soo... Does that mean that you got your headers on the car now, Giz??

We couldn't get the D3 headers I bought to seal sufficiently with my level of boost. So we hand-made a set of 1 3/4" primaries long tube headers and installed them with Billy Boat FCOR-0432 C6 Z06 3" X-pipe and Billy Boat FCOR-0466 C6 Z06 3" Fusion axle-back exhausts.

I lucked out at Bloomington Gold last month. Met up with Mike Boat from Billy Boat there and they had a special on the above that ended up being cheaper than the XLR axle-back alone. So I couldn't pass it up. We just got everything installed last Friday and I literally drove it off the lift, threw my bags in the trunk, and headed for Carmel. It wasn't until Saturday nite that I realized the vacuum lines for the exhaust diverter valves weren't connected. So Elwood is a little less angry cruising down the highway.

XLRATING
08-27-2014, 06:33 PM
We couldn't get the D3 headers I bought to seal sufficiently with my level of boost. So we hand-made a set of 1 3/4" primaries long tube headers and installed them with Billy Boat FCOR-0432 C6 Z06 3" X-pipe and Billy Boat FCOR-0466 C6 Z06 3" Fusion axle-back exhausts.

I lucked out at Bloomington Gold last month. Met up with Mike Boat from Billy Boat there and they had a special on the above that ended up being cheaper than the XLR axle-back alone. So I couldn't pass it up. We just got everything installed last Friday and I literally drove it off the lift, threw my bags in the trunk, and headed for Carmel. It wasn't until Saturday nite that I realized the vacuum lines for the exhaust diverter valves weren't connected. So Elwood is a little less angry cruising down the highway.

Having heard just the XLR version of Billy Boat 2 1/2" exhaust with the diverter valves off (and on a "normal" non-Elwooded XLR-V), I can only imagine how loud Elwood was! Anger management is an understatement!