Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Only way I knew how to get rid of those .03 cent stamps! Great job setting this up Al!

Quote Originally Posted by Army Al
    ..... One person only contributed US postage stamps, (I think that was Cubby 558) how tacky but useful. The total collected at least covered the cost of the US Priority box but fortunately dear old Santa came through by providing your early Thanksgiving/Xmas gift. He knew how hard Rogene worked in organizing the 15th Anniversary XLR reunion. God willing, we'll have more members for the 20th Reunion. See you guys and dolls then. Happy Holidays and Happy motoring in the XLRs.

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

2. Likes Army Al liked this post
    15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018 nkent17's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004/XLR

Default BG 2020 the just for fun reunion

Thought's?

DM
    Preacher

4. Likes graytoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR-V RII'07 RIII'08 SA'09 CO'10 NCSC'11 PA'12 BG'13 MT'14 VBOBX'15

I'll get some pictures everyone!! I promise! I'm just old, slow, dumb, stupid, tired, and RETIRED!! I wish the grand kids could do it, they're only 4, 1 1/2, and 6 mos. I going to be REALLY old going to their graduations!!

Chad

6. Thanks graytoad thanked for this post
    Likes Army Al liked this post
    15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018 CNC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Gold Mist XLR & 79' Eldorado Convert

Default Hi Sandy! : ) Bet It's 'Warm There', Huh? Not Here. : (

Quote Originally Posted by graytoad View Post
    I received some 'goodies' in the mail this week. I had ordered this photo display at the Corvette Show in BG but asked them not to finalize and ship until after the first of November as I would not be back in Florida until then. I swear I asked for the group photo, not the cars behind as - to me, the XLR group is all about the friends and the cars are the means of getting us together. Anyway, the result is kind of cool and it is now sitting on my bar cabinet.
    I also received my Dash Plaques in the mail from our gathering. Thank you for sending them to me (was that Bob?) as we arrived late and l you had left by then.

Anyway, always gotta love it when you get cool stuff in the mail. Really enjoying having the XLR down here in Florida for the winter!
    You are a genius. About a week or two after we returned home from BG (FYI) I was reading an article on Hagerty's News Letter email. Guess what they listed as one of the presently fastest appreciating vehicles in the collector market? Yup, a Suburban of the vintage and equipment of the one you recently purchased. Please share your 'crystal ball' sometime, OK?

I know you are in Florida enjoying sun and warmth. Us? No warmth, and yes 'cold' High today was 19* and we have snow. It's been in this temp range for the past week, with lows around 9* to 10* at night. We are supposed to have a 'heat wave' this weekend.
    Warming up to around 32*.

8. Likes graytoad liked this post
    15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018 graytoad's Avatar
    Home: Mountsberg, Ontario Canada winters in Port Charlotte Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic

Quote Originally Posted by CNC View Post
    You are a genius. About a week or two after we returned home from BG (FYI) I was reading an article on Hagerty's News Letter email. Guess what they listed as one of the presently fastest appreciating vehicles in the collector market? Yup, a Suburban of the vintage and equipment of the one you recently purchased. Please share your 'crystal ball' sometime, OK?

I know you are in Florida enjoying sun and warmth. Us? No warmth, and yes 'cold' High today was 19* and we have snow. It's been in this temp range for the past week, with lows around 9* to 10* at night. We are supposed to have a 'heat wave' this weekend.
    Warming up to around 32*.

Hey CNC, if it makes you feel any better we have been suffering a cold snap here: way below average with a number of days in the mid 60's - but we are making up for that tomorrow with a higher than average 85 & sunny. Perfect timing as we are headed to the SWFL Nationals in Fort Meyers with our wagons: the 61 Oldsmobile and the 65 Malibu. It has been great having the X here too: it is the perfect four wheeled vehicle to go for a drive in to 'no where in particular'! Sadly the Harley's are suffering neglect as we have way too many toys here. We will be experiencing the Great White North soon enough though as we are headed home for Christmas for 10 days - gonna need to find my boots and mitts.

So when you mention the Suburban: are you referring to the 1988 square body I bought for up home or the 99 Suburban we bought for here in Florida? I am guessing the 88!? We get a ton on compliments on the 99 here too. We just lowered the front end one more inch: only scuffs occasionally when you go over whoopty-bumps....... because "If it ain't scuffing - it's too high"!

As for our Crystal Ball - it does not exist. We like to think of ourselves as Trend Setters. We buy something that no one else seems to care about - finesse it and make it so cool
    that everyone takes notice and the next thing you know everyone wants one! When we got our first wagon 18 years ago everyone said 'what do you want that for' and we thought 'seriously - wait till we are done'! That car in question: our 65 Malibu (it has gone thru a few revamps over the years) and she just won an award at the Menard's Super Chevy Show last month in Orlando and will be on their TV show airing tomorrow morning on Velocity. Living the dream! (all my cars are not all winners - I once owned a Gremlin back in my younger years)

Anyway, thanks for remembering the Burb, if you still have that e-newsletter can you email that to me?

TTYL Chuck & say hi to Shirley for us!

Sandy
    You can't be a car collector with only one car!
    Get out & drive 'em.... 'cause if you don't - the next owner will !
    My XLR: A fast Red one w Corsa Exhaust & V sway bar

10. Likes hawkeye372 liked this post
    15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018 CNC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Gold Mist XLR & 79' Eldorado Convert

Default OK, I Get It! Hmm. Warm Weather. What Is That? : )

[QUOTE=graytoad;78841]Hey CNC, if it makes you feel any better we have been suffering a cold snap here: way below average with a number of days in the mid 60's - but we are making up for that tomorrow with a higher than average 85 & sunny. Perfect timing as we are headed to the SWFL Nationals in Fort Meyers with our wagons: the 61 Oldsmobile and the 65 Malibu. It has been great having the X here too: it is the perfect four wheeled vehicle to go for a drive in to 'no where in particular'! Sadly the Harley's are suffering neglect as we have way too many toys here. We will be experiencing the Great White North soon enough though as we are headed home for Christmas for 10 days - gonna need to find my boots and mitts.

So when you mention the Suburban: are you referring to the 1988 square body I bought for up home or the 99 Suburban we bought for here in Florida? I am guessing the 88!? We get a ton on compliments on the 99 here too. We just lowered the front end one more inch: only scuffs occasionally when you go over whoopty-bumps....... because "If it ain't scuffing - it's too high"!

As for our Crystal Ball - it does not exist. We like to think of ourselves as Trend Setters. We buy something that no one else seems to care about - finesse it and make it so cool
    that everyone takes notice and the next thing you know everyone wants one! When we got our first wagon 18 years ago everyone said 'what do you want that for' and we thought 'seriously - wait till we are done'! That car in question: our 65 Malibu (it has gone thru a few revamps over the years) and she just won an award at the Menard's Super Chevy Show last month in Orlando and will be on their TV show airing tomorrow morning on Velocity. Living the dream! (all my cars are not all winners - I once owned a Gremlin back in my younger years)

Anyway, thanks for remembering the Burb, if you still have that e-newsletter can you email that to me?

TTYL Chuck & say hi to Shirley for us!

I think I'd prefer your 60's and even and an occasional 85* to our present temps. I did say Hi to Shirley for you. Thanks! In fact she read your email with me. She says Hi back.

I am referring to your 88 Suburban per The Hagerty Article. I will log onto their site and see if (?) I can find the article. If so, I will post it here. Not sure I can find it (?), but I'll give it a shot. Must admit you guys do some really neat well thought out and tasteful mods to your vehicles. On my list is to post our X on the Registry here, and put pictures of our other vehicles on the site in "Garage".

Your 65 Malibu is a really nice vehicle as well. I can see why it won a trophy. Enjoyed the story about The Riviera.
    Sell it, then buy it back.

My favorite thing is I actually enjoy doing my own work on our vehicles. Rebuilding engines, suspensions, etc. Recently took a deep dive in body work and repainting the truck. Actually turned out really nice after some false starts and novice mistakes. Sometimes accidentally tear up some knuckles in the process.
    "Stuff Happens!" --- Not quite what the bumper sticker says, but being Cadillac Owners, this is a 'refined family site'. Right?

The nice part of your return to The Frozen Tundra, is you get to leave again, and return to Sunny Florida.
    Can't say I blame you a bit.

God Bless,
    Charles and Shirley

Last edited by CNC; 12-07-2018 at 11:47 PM.

12. Likes graytoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018-dsc00030-jpg

Looks like I can only load one picture at a time (?). Maybe file size to big (?). But here we go!! I promised I'd put the pictures on!! I"M SLOW! Kind of missed the car in the picture, DUH, but we're in the garage.

14. Thanks Mark0polo thanked for this post
    Likes graytoad, 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

I CAN'T GET THE OTHERS TO LOAD!!! GRRRR! Must be to big! Hang on. I'm trying to go thru Photobucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

What does this do?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Try another!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

I sure make a lousy model!! Victoria Secrets doesn't want me!!. Got a little piece of the car in Rogene's picture.

19. Likes graytoad liked this post
    15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018 graytoad's Avatar
    Home: Mountsberg, Ontario Canada winters in Port Charlotte Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic

Quote Originally Posted by Popbigguy View Post
    What does this do?
    This makes all the 15th reunion attendees happy to see you and your jackets. Thanks again for all your hard work organizing a fabulous event! Merry Christmas!
    Sandy
    You can't be a car collector with only one car!
    Get out & drive 'em.... 'cause if you don't - the next owner will !
    My XLR: A fast Red one w Corsa Exhaust & V sway bar

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

What does this do?
    Very nice... thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

22. Likes hawkeye372 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

the person in charge of the bricks. I Was wondering if anyone from the reunion emailed the person in charge of the bricks. I thought before I left the hotel that I emailed the person. I even enclosed this pic of the faded bricks. I havenít got a response back from the person and was wondering if someone else here got a response. If not then could someone find out about the fading issue. Was very upset about this when I saw it and remember mentioning this to another member.

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018-dsc00030-jpg

Looks like I can only load one picture at a time (?). Maybe file size to big (?). But here we go!! I promised I'd put the pictures on!! I"M SLOW! Kind of missed the car in the picture, DUH, but we're in the garage.
    Nice I like the design

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

25. Likes nkent17 liked this post