Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR-V RII'07 RIII'08 SA'09 CO'10 NCSC'11 PA'12 BG'13 MT'14 VBOBX'15

Working out today.... And the "Chair Group Workouts". started to play the song Sweet Caroline. The memories started to flow... I'll never be able to listen to that song again and not think about our group!! THANKS DAVE!!! Sweet fun times!

Chad

2. Thanks 05 GRAND DADDY thanked for this post
    15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018 CNC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Gold Mist XLR & 79' Eldorado Convert

[QUOTE=graytoad;73497]I really want to do this again, had fun at the 10th anniversary and would love to tour some local facilities, natural attractions and lots of local roads.

I take it you are talking about the last week of September, the first day I see mentioned is Tuesday - so Tuesday September 25th?!?

......SO for me that is the charity event I am 'immersed' in but heck I could leave the next morning stupid early and arrive around dinner time Wednesday!

Count us in! Graytoad: Sandy & Steve Gray (or as Steve sometimes refers to himself as 'Mr. Sandy'!)

Hi Sandy!

Hope all is well with you and Steve. Our cousins in The Frozen Tundra (sometimes : ). Shirley sends her greetings as well.

As you may recall, we lived in Minnesota for some time. I always wondered what that little bump was at the top of The Minnesota Map that stuck up into Canada? Now we know. Today we watched a special on Lake of The Woods. Thought of you and Steve. "Lake of The Woods" is a Huge archipelago of islands and fresh water. This U.S. area is called "The Angle". A spot in Lake Of The Woods that is part of The U.S. due to a mistake in mapping from 1786 and a boundary treaty. It is only accessible through Canada by road, or summers by boat. Crazy stuff. The funny part of this history to me were "The Walleye Wars", of I believe 1999. Apparently some Canadian Politician did not want U.S. people in "The Angle" catching Canadian Walleye Fish from the Canadian side of the boundary line. Then a U.S. Congress Person replied that Canadians were not allowed to catch U.S. fish from our side either. Biggest problem? No one told the fish that they needed to declare their National Sovereignty and stay on their own sides of the line, or for that matter whom the fish should notify? As this escalated at the time it became a huge laughing matter in both Ottawa and The U.S. --- Too funny!

Best wishes,
    Charles & Shirley

4. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004/XLR

I think that was a excellent outing.

DM
    Preacher

6. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

We enjoyed both the 10 year and 15 year events, that we were lucky enough to get to attend with the XLR group with our old and some new friends at these gatherings,....Itís always so much fun with good times, meals, boozing, the tours and driving trips! Especially just getting to hanging out together! GREAT MEMORIES 15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Popbigguy View Post
    Working out today.... And the "Chair Group Workouts". started to play the song Sweet Caroline. The memories started to flow... I'll never be able to listen to that song again and not think about our group!! THANKS DAVE!!! Sweet fun times!

Chad
    Your right Chad the song will never be the same!15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 201815th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

WENDY & DAN

9. Likes hawkeye372 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Hi Dan, Chad, Tim, Army Al, Doug, Sandy, Amy, et al. It truly was a 'Blast'. What a great time. We still talk about The Bowling Green Rally and all the great XLR People we met. A really nice cruise and great accommodations. Well planned by Chad! --- Anyone heard from Sandy or Steve? --- We do the same every time we hear that song.

11. Likes hawkeye372 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Quote Originally Posted by CNC View Post
    Hi Dan, Chad, Tim, Army Al, Doug, Sandy, Amy, et al. It truly was a 'Blast'. What a great time. We still talk about The Bowling Green Rally and all the great XLR People we met. A really nice cruise and great accommodations. Well planned by Chad! --- Anyone heard from Sandy or Steve? --- We do the same every time we hear that song.
    Hey Charlie...Talking about Sandy & Steve I seen this on Facebook today! I believe they maybe purchasing that Oldsmobile

WENDY & DAN

13. Likes hawkeye372 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Heard from sandy. They are on a road trip somewhere.

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Hey Dan,
    Thanks for this! Another car adventure. What a beautiful Oldsmobile. Looks like maybe a 1965? Makes me yearn for another car adventure of my own. Now I know why no response yet. They are on this quest! Best kind. --- FYI, out here in The Rockies we are familiar with very large Diamond Back Rattlesnakes (Timber Rattlers). Don't have them where we are now, but we did when we lived in Rockrimmon Colorado Springs. One day after work I blew one up (6 foot + X 4" diameter) in my neighbors back yard with my 12ga. I heard lots of commotion and walked out back to see what was going on? My neighbor (an accountant) was poking a 5' broom handle at it? It was coiled up ready to strike. I said, "You do know they can spring their full length plus some. Right?" Then a bitty neighbor called the cops for my discharging a fire arm inside the City Limits. Officer told me as the neighbor watched, peaking from their window, as he shook his finger in my face looking stern, saying to me, "You ever see one that size again in this residential neighborhood, please blow it up with your shotgun. Good job."
    Best wishes,
    Charlie
    Last edited by CNC; 08-20-2019 at 08:37 PM.

16. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY, DOUG ASHBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Default Hi Friend! : )

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye372 View Post
    Heard from sandy. They are on a road trip somewhere.

Hi Hawkeye,

I'd say per Dan's info we now know where they are and what they are doing. Fun stuff! Please say hi to your Mom for us.

God Bless,
    Charlie and Shirley

18. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Hi Hawkeye,

I'd say per Dan's info we now know where they are and what they are doing. Fun stuff! Please say hi to your Mom for us.

God Bless,
    Charlie and Shirley
    Yep I answered that before I scrolled down and saw dans post

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

20. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

Wow guys, can’t believe it’s been a year since our reunion! What a good time that was. Mike & I miss you all!

yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

2006 Infrared XLR
    Corsa exhaust
    XLR-V sway bar
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

22. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY, hawkeye372, graytoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004/XLR

It was a great time of fellowship with like minded good people.

DM
    Preacher

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018 graytoad's Avatar
    Home: Mountsberg, Ontario Canada winters in Port Charlotte Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic

Quote Originally Posted by 05 GRAND DADDY View Post
    Hey Charlie...Talking about Sandy & Steve I seen this on Facebook today! I believe they maybe purchasing that Oldsmobile

You bet we bought it! It is a 1963 Jetfire: which was the first North American production Turbo vehicle! (Hit the streets a few weeks before the Corvair turbo for anyone who thought different) 215 Aluminum V8 that produces 215 HP and 300 fp torque and is liquid injected like the WW2 fighter planes were. It is all original - turbo intact, rust free, excellent interior. Been in storage in the original owners garage since 1986. We drove to California to get it. Built in 62 and 63 - there were only 9600 cars built in total but the car needed special care due to the liquid injection and many owners did not refill the tank or would not use the correct fluid so the dealers had a lot of customer complaints of loss of power etc. So in 65 & 66 Oldsmobile offered a free conversion to a regular 4 barrel set up and 80% of the cars were switched over making turbo intact cars super rare. Mine is a 4 spd manual to boot which was only 20% of the cars! Been really busy with the car as restoration will come to a halt when we head south for the winter so as a result I have not been 'hanging around here'!
    Sandy
    You can't be a car collector with only one car!
    Get out & drive 'em.... 'cause if you don't - the next owner will !
    My XLR: A fast Red one w Corsa Exhaust & V sway bar

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

I always thought these were really sharp looking cars. But, to show how your perspective changes, I remember seeing one of these back when it was new, and thinking, "That's one of those new little compacts!" Of course, compared to the barges the big 3 were putting out then, it WAS a compact. Nowadays when I see one, I think, "That's a lot bigger than I remember them being." That's because now I'm comparing them to the 'normal sized' cars that are actually a lot smaller.
    Doug Ashby

Every time I walk by my XLR I feel like I married a supermodel!

26. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post