Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gone but not forgotten

I have sold my 2005 XLR. It will be missed as I believe it was a great performance luxury sports car. However the concern in the lack of parts prompted my decision. I enjoy the car so much I drive it nearly daily. Iím a true Cadillac man and have owned many and will continue. I will also continue to drop in. Best of luck to all of you!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

GM News same here,,, yet I still miss the XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated Monkey View Post
    I have sold my 2005 XLR. It will be missed as I believe it was a great performance luxury sports car. However the concern in the lack of parts prompted my decision. I enjoy the car so much I drive it nearly daily. Iím a true Cadillac man and have owned many and will continue. I will also continue to drop in. Best of luck to all of you!
    I did the same thing last March,,,,same reason (lack of parts),,,,although I never had any problems or issues with the XLR. The absolute best luxury road car I ever owned, and really didn't want to sell it because it was a joy to drive. But also owning a Vette with a surplus of parts available, made the decision to sell much easier.
    http://www.xlr-net.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6664&d=1473338578

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=pure zen;74752]I did the same thing last March,,,,same reason (lack of parts),,,,although I never had any problems or issues with the XLR. The absolute best luxury road car I ever owned, and really didn't want to sell it because it was a joy to drive. But also owning a Vette with a surplus of parts available, made the decision to sell much easier.[/QUOTE

Same here. Only problem I experienced was shift cable, 1 window regulator and had the taillight rebuilt. Right rear started going out again. Loved the car with no regret. I have a Corvette also and have had 9 of them. As for Cadillac I’ll stick with the large sedans. Looking now at a CT6. My love for Cadillacs and Corvettes was a great match for the XLR. Would love to see Cadillac do it again. Also had an Allante. Maybe on a third attempt Cadillac would sell enough cars to support them. My wife has a 500 SL; XLR to me is a much nicer machine. If I miss it too much I’ll look for another.
    Last edited by Agitated Monkey; 01-06-2018 at 04:40 PM.