Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Question Windshield Pillar Trim

My r/side windshield pillar trim has a few slits in it. Is it covered in vinyl? How can I repair it!

Found: New old Stock!! (don't need to repair old one!)
    Last edited by Steve Lee; 02-09-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

should be plenty of those in the wrecking yards for 20-30$ that's all they are worth. Cheaper than finding matching material what color do you have?

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytee View Post
    should be plenty of those in the wrecking yards for 20-30$ that's all they are worth. Cheaper than finding matching material what color do you have?

Called all over and can't find one. Found a new one for 69.74 +shipping
    My interior is shale, but this part is called "neutral" (a cocoa color like the dash) according to the Cadillac dealer which is a medium brown and they said that is the right part, number(21994518), for my vin number. Last 8 digits are: 55602599.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

the vin shows pearl with shale interior. So unless they have discontinued the shale I think neutral is not correct for your car. The junk yards that have xlrs want about the same price due to the labor to go take it off. well one more part no longer available. The number you have is the old number new number 15949846 is ebony but NLA. Going to have to talk a breaker into taking it off to sell. or find matching vinyl.

This one listed on ebay for close to 200$ .If he has it.
    GENERAL MOTORS 15949846 - MOLDING ASM W S SI GARN EB | eBay
    Last edited by mickeytee; 02-09-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Talking w/shield pillar trim

the vin shows pearl with shale interior. So unless they have discontinued the shale I think neutral is not correct for your car. The junk yards that have xlrs want about the same price due to the labor to go take it off. well one more part no longer available. The number you have is the old number new number 15949846 is ebony but NLA. Going to have to talk a breaker into taking it off to sell. or find matching vinyl.

No Ebony in my Crimson Pearl#80 car. All shale interior but these w/shield pillars, and they are the same color as the dash; a medium brown. (cocoa)
    It is not shale like the rest of the interior. It is a cocoa color like the dash. According to the local cadillac dealer part person it is called neutal and that part number 21994518 is in their parts book, and they said it 's color is neutral (cocoa,) whih matches my dash cover from the factory, I got that number from GMParts.com. I found a new one for $69.74 + shipping and I have the right of return, I would just have to pay the cost to ship it back.
    Last edited by Steve Lee; 02-09-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Steve,

The dealer gave you the correct item and information. The 2004 and 2005 XLR's had a darker color than the shale on top of the dash and window pillars. This was changed on 2006 and up models, which had Ebony dash pads and pillars no matter what color interior. If you order it, it will be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lee View Post
    No Ebony in my Crimson Pearl#80 car. All shale interior but these w/shield pillars, and they are the same color as the dash; a medium brown. (cocoa)
    It is not shale like the rest of the interior. It is a cocoa color like the dash. According to the local cadillac dealer part person it is called neutal and that part number 21994518 is in their parts book, and they said it 's color is neutral (cocoa,) whih matches my dash cover from the factory, I got that number from GMParts.com. I found a new one for $69.74 + shipping and I have the right of return, I would just have to pay the cost to ship it back.

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Default chubbys correct

I went and looked. I was mistaking my 2008 and my 2005 . Its is called shale. but has two different shades on the dash. That number still shows discontinued from GM so it may be available from an aftermarket seller. I was getting it mixed up with my shale /slate MB that is mostly black with just a little tan.
    Cubby to the rescue .I tried to remove the h but it wont let me sorry.
    Last edited by mickeytee; 02-09-2018 at 09:21 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Liquid Amethyst

can you just pop that a pillar trim off by hand ?
    door open
    start at the top?
    or some pry tools needed?

chubby...hehehe got me smiling here at work at 630am

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Default emoval

it should just pop out . may need to slip a tool under it to the clip to assist. If you have the new one coming I would hold off till you have it in hand to make sure there is not a clip in a strange position to mount or a hidden screw.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Thumbs up Pillar Trim

It was confirmed by my Cadillac dealer that the part number you had previously given me was correct for my shale interior, and the pillar trim is neutral; a "cocoa like color.color."

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

hope you are able to get one