Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Default Trunk Rubber Cone

While working on Roxy this weekend I notice the passengers side rubber cone, on the trunk lid, was soft and gooey. I know it was mentioned on here before about this part. Does anyone know the parts name, number or where it can be purchased? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

GM parts diagrams are terrible. I think this might be what you're looking for
    Bumper - GM (10346849) | GMPartsDirect.com

3. Thanks 05 GRAND DADDY thanked for this post
    Likes 05 GRAND DADDY, pure zen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Default Trunk Rubber Cone

Quote Originally Posted by 05 GRAND DADDY View Post
    While working on Roxy this weekend I notice the passengers side rubber cone, on the trunk lid, was soft and gooey. I know it was mentioned on here before about this part. Does anyone know the parts name, number or where it can be purchased? Thanks in advance!

Dan here is what I found on my parts list sheet. Could this be what your looking for It’s under luggage lid on page 232 of the copy xlr/xlr-v 2004-09 parts. I think they list it as striker latch. 15142951 .2. $48.79

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Dan,

rexster314 is correct on the part. Can get them at any GM parts online store or your dealer. Not expensive at all. If you notice, there is a nut above it that is not part of the part, but is used for adjustment. Make sure you put them back the same, as this is the up and down adjustment for your decklid. The entire bumper is threaded and quite long. If the old one is soft and squishy, wrap a rag or paper towel around it. They are messy and quite a problem to clean up if it drops into the carpet in the trunk!

Quote Originally Posted by 05 GRAND DADDY View Post

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

6. Thanks 05 GRAND DADDY thanked for this post
    Likes 05 GRAND DADDY, long Tall Sally liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Quote Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post
    Dan,

rexster314 is correct on the part. Can get them at any GM parts online store or your dealer. Not expensive at all. If you notice, there is a nut above it that is not part of the part, but is used for adjustment. Make sure you put them back the same, as this is the up and down adjustment for your decklid. The entire bumper is threaded and quite long. If the old one is soft and squishy, wrap a rag or paper towel around it. They are messy and quite a problem to clean up if it drops into the carpet in the trunk!
    Great, Thanks Cubby
    I found them on GM parts last night and ordered 3 at 3.88 ea. + Shipping around $21
    You say they adjust the trunk lid, so if the center of the lid is bottoming out on the bumper I should adjust them out a little and that would stop that from hitting the bumper?

WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr dove gray

they should adjust the top of the deck lid even with the top of the taillights. Some of the bumpers hit the deck lid In the middle due to failure of the retainer strip they snap into. ++ on the gloves or rag as the rubber is some of the messiest and is almost as hard to clean up as uncured windshield sealer.

9. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior

I'm gonna jump into this thread with the same issue. I replaced both of these a few years ago, but unfortunately I only ordered two units. Those have now become spongy and I'd like to order four for now and the future. A half dozen attempts have taken my payment only to refund later due to lack of parts to satisfy the order. It's only been 6 months or so since 05 Grand Daddy made his request, but I can't seem to find any now.

There has been a strike recently, but don't think this is affecting the parts supply, only the delivery. Could you provide the specific parts source you had success with, please? There are at least a dozen or so similar sources. Thanks much!

LED upgrades: interior/exterior
    Plasmaglow Lightning Eyes (white/amber)
    Aft flank turn/brake indicators (LED)
    6000K Headlights
    6000K HID fog lamps
    CarbonXP 35 Window Tint
    Wind Restrictor with Glow Module/Ghosting
    Embroidered underhood/trunk deck lid insulator
    Custom Floor Mats (Lloyd's)
    Lockpick iPod module
    Mild to Wild exhaust baffle control
    Brushed stainless fuse box cover
    Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (4 X 255/40-19)
    Custom Exhaust Plate
    Odyssey 34R-PC1500T Battery

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr dove gray

well one more part gone the way of the dodo bird. I called to double check. Number is still in the catalogue but when ordered it was kicked out as discontinued. None at any dealers across the USA. so we will have to find a possible replacement part. Thanks GM for all your non support

12. Likes pure zen liked this post
    Mark0polo

My local dealer said last week that 'maybe a few more days now that the strike has ended'.... He did not indicate any out-of-stock or 'discontinued' messages associated with the order. I guess I'll wait a few more days and check again.... I have one very swishy and one that's melted away completely...
    Trunk Rubber Cone-caddy-part-jpg
    Last edited by Mark0polo; 11-04-2019 at 06:25 PM. Reason: tried to shrink the image

14. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY, hawkeye372 liked this post
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr dove gray

let us know. My dealer is very good on checking and letting me know. he said they are all gone. maybe you got the last 2. Hope he is wrong as eve n though it s little part , we wont find a replacement that cheep I don't think.

Mark0polo

I got the official no-can-get from my local Caddy dealer today. No one in the GM world has these rubber bumbers...
    Oh well.....

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr dove gray

I think some just showed back up as they show them again in stock

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr dove gray

el lI was told by gm they have them in stock. ordered 6 from 3 dealers and 2 have sent my money back saying no longer available so just shows how screwed up thing are there. Waiting on the other dealer who said they will be here next Friday No bigey on this as I found another application that is available and seems to fit and work fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Could you share where they showed up, please? I was able to place orders at 4 different “GM Parts...” type places & neither had stock. They’ll grab the $ immediately... a couple emailed me advising they were crediting back to my card. The other two I had to contact to determine actual availability & then receive the credit when they realized they didn’t have any.

I cleaned off what was left of the goo on both of mine. Hoping the center latch will continue to hold tight. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Perhaps you could share the work-around that worked for you. Thanks!