Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Custom wheels

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Unhappy Custom wheels

I'm looking for custom wheels like the ones on the XLRV's (12 spoke low luster), for my 2005, with 18 inch wheels. Some sites say they were GM wheels similar to them in the 2005-2009 era for the XLR's. Does anybody know any good sources for them??

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black XLR-V

Vís came with 10 spoke polished (chrome) or silver painted rims. The Platinums came with 15 spoke rims. I donít know if any 12 spoke rims. Many corvette style rims will fit and many aftermarket rims maybe available. Keep in mind the V rims are 19Ē as apposition to the 18Ē on yours, this will mean appropriate sized tires to maintain speedometer accuracy.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven, Ebony

Default Custom wheels

I just had these done. A buddy of mine does powder coating. I tried silver, but was not acceptable. Stripped and re-powder coated in black. Will pick them up this week. Iíll post pictures once I mount them. Here they are as powder coated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nerkpowers; 04-15-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    Mods
    Corsa Exhaust
    Rear Sway Bar
    Eline Drilled and Slotted Rotors
    Infrared/Silver powder coated calipers
    Embroidered Trunk Lid Liner

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

V was the supercharged right? What was the Platinum??

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black XLR-V

In a nut shell, platinum was an 07 to 09 base model with 15 spoke rims and an upgraded leather interior, chrome trimmed grill and might have been special paint colors also.
    Vís were 06 to 09 performance model, special engine with supercharger, special transmission, special rear diff, upgraded suspension, upgraded brakes, special performance mode suspension and transmission electronics, chrome wire mesh grill and leather interior.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

I can get 15 spoke or 10 spoke 18 inch wheels from Carid.com. The 10 spoke are 419AB Marseille, (brushed silver face, anthracite (dull silver) on sides of the spokes. The 15 spoke are Petrol P3A, in silver with a machine cut face. Which you think would look better on my crimson Pearl XLR? Both are reasonable at between $400.00 and $600.00 for a set of four ( 4 ) Price to me is not a factor in this case, looks are!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR

Custom wheels-fullsizeoutput_5c10-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Custom wheels-fullsizeoutput_5d67-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR

YouTube

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Yeah, I was told previously about the larger wheels on the "V's" I'm not going to change to the other wheel size, because with 30,00 on mine they look like new!!

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

I'm DEFINITELY not going to do black!! What is a "machine cut face?" I.E. What does that look like?They are cast aluminum, right? Are the ones I asked about in my first post, easy to keep clean??? The original factory wheels on my '05, have to be polished on a regular basis to keep them looking nice! I want to avoid all that work!! Come on guys, give me some of you thoughts on this!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lee View Post
    I'm DEFINITELY not going to do black!! What is a "machine cut face?" I.E. What does that look like?They are cast aluminum, right? Are the ones I asked about in my first post, easy to keep clean??? The original factory wheels on my '05, have to be polished on a regular basis to keep them looking nice! I want to avoid all that work!! Come on guys, give me some of you thoughts on this!!
    A machines finish comes in at least 2-3 styles. Itís really the a finish without a high polished finished. Thereís somewhat polished look but nowhere close to a highly puffed out. The machined finished is sometimes coated with a clear coat. The last style looks like a machined finish but itís really a paint-like finish. I have three types and the machined is perhaps the easiest to maintain but it doesnít have the ďpopĒ that a highly polished wheel. In other words they look dull. The clear coated style is a tad bit better because the clear helps to prevent the machined finish from fading. Highly polished is the better route for thereís a minor scratch it can be buffed. For me-I have different cars with different types of wheels. Some you have to buff and some you leave as-is.