Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Red

Default "Service Ride Control" ??

We just brought our 05 home after dealer had it for five months for top module issues. It also went in with dash display "Service Ride Control" message...it's still there. A return call to the dealership claims the module to correct this message is unavailable but it doesn't affect the ride at all so don't be concerned. I really don't like seeing that message all the time...is there a fix?

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

no fix except buying a module. you can sometimes clean the plastic cover in the bumper and wipe the cover of them off. That's about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Red

Default Service Ride Control again

When I originally posted this question regarding the "on all the time" message about the Ride Control, Long, Tall Sally suggested I clean the plastic cover. Can you please tell me where the cover is that might solve the problem? thank you.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

its in the lower grill on the left side. It should snap out (when its warm) the back side can get dirt on it and sometimes can be the problem. I would drive it with if off a day or two and make sure the wiring going into the unit is firmly in place . I have a couple units if that does not fix it.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2013 Graphite Metallic XTS Platinum

This is the kind of advice you get from someone who sells parts and knows next-to-nothing about the vehicle architecture.

The cover in the front of the bumper is for the Adaptive Cruise Control, which if a failure is detected would give the "SERVICE RADAR CRUISE".

The "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message is completely different, and relates to the Suspension Control Module detecting a fault. Neither module (Adaptive Cruise or Suspension Control) is available from GM.

CCC

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

that was a mistake In my reading to fast .I was helping someone else with a new module for their suspension error and read this one incorrectly thinking it was the cruise module .. It is my mistake . I do know the difference as I have repaired the cruise modules and now have the suspension module also repaired . plus a good supply of both of them. Since you do not want me to sell anything Mr Clark I will leave it up to you to advise where to buy parts .I know you have a lot of knowledge about electronics but I am yet to see you supply actual parts to people.
    I will just keep mine or list them only on ebay where they bring really good money instead of selling them much cheaper to forum members. I also have top control modules new from GM that others are asking 1500-2400 on ebay What parts do you have to help others with again?
    I apologize for my quick reading and misinformation BJahn . I sent you a pm Bjahn to tell you the order of a few things to check before needing a module .I have a work around on the module when bad on 04 and 05 I can share that will allow you to run stock corvette shocks now even if your modules are bad. I also have a harness in works that will allow use of the 06-09 Modules that are readily available as they interchange with the corvette. The parts are very inexpensive but labor to reroute the harness will take some time and be expensive if you cannot do it yourself.
    Last edited by long Tall Sally; 12-05-2019 at 12:56 AM.

7. Likes IAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Crimson Pearl Red XLR

Ok, so just so I'm clear, the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" is not related to top failure? I had the dreaded failed flooded trunk over the summer and thought the service ride control message was gone, but came back on again now that weather is cold-and still haven't fixed the top issue as the FTCM was backordered.
    Are these two separate issues? Are they BOTH related to the flooded trunk?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black XLR-V

Iím thinking both of these modules are in the rear well, thus the flooding has killed both of them.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

they are both located In the same area in the trunk. On the left side they can get wet with a trunk leak on the upper corner near the front door and also from the bottom up a. Also when you open the trunk when wet the water runs right down into the module area. That's why Someone suggested and I always keep a towel on the floor in that area. Just touch it and if ever damp start looking for the leak. when one module gets wet its pretty sure the other will also. neither are mounted in anything near water proof. They are not related electrically but are because when one goes the other usually also goes.