Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR V InfraRed/Shale 18.5K mi 11/28/14

Default Mecum Monterey Car Auction Aug 2019

Their auction this week has two 2006 base model XLRs. I was able to view the InfraRed one for Friday (16th). Less than 16K miles with Vogue white wall tires. Must be a really, really old owner. Great condition. No head or tail light issues. My best estimate $27K as the hammer falls. The other XLR (15th) was not there for viewing. I'll post the going away prices in a few days.
    Last edited by Army Al; 08-14-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Mecum Monterey Car Auction Aug 2019 Mark0polo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Raven Black XLR-V

The Mecum Auction in Denver had 3 XLRs featured. A 2006 V went for $30,800, 2 other XLRs went for $35,700 and $15,900. Looking forward to hearing how the Monterery crowd responds to XLRs.
    The world is run by those who show up!

3. Likes pure zen liked this post
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

The other base model XLR never appeared for the auction. The 1 base model 06 InfraRed/Shale sold for $29K with less than 16k miles. Starting asking price was $50K, then lowered down to $20K before bids were offered. Seller has a 10% charge. Final take home price $26,100. Car was own by a dealership. Unable to meet with the new owner. Still can't get over White Wall Tires on an XLR.

Mecum Monterey Car Auction Aug 2019 Mark0polo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Raven Black XLR-V

I saw the tires in the photo furnished on the Mecum website. Very unusual! It doesn’t look like it sold, bid hit $29,000 and ‘bid-goes on’. Must not have made the reserve the seller wanted.
    Hagerty said the other XLR was withdrawn.
    Last edited by Mark0polo; 08-16-2019 at 10:40 PM.
    The world is run by those who show up!

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

You're right it didn't sell. I guess the seller was hoping for more on a base model. Never saw the owner there.