Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Question Top position to install rear window film

Someone replied to me a couple of months ago, about making it easier to window install film on the rear window, by making the new piece on the outside rear window, and then putting the top in a "partial down position" to install it on the inside of that rear window.

Would that person, or anyone that knows, be so kind as to tell me the "EXACT" position to put the top in to do that? 1/4way down, 1/3 way down 1/2 way down, etc., etc.

That top I'm told is heavy, and I don't want to damage anything by putting it in a position that would damage anything.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

rexter 314 told me how to do a month or so ago; I found the answer he gave, I HAD printed it out and miss placed it- but I FOUND It!!! 'Thank You Lord!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

I donít know the best stopping point for tinting, but I have found that I have a 13Ē umbrella that fits perfect to hold the top at this point in the picture. I just lay it down right in the center against the back lip of trunk carpet (See picture) and run the top open until it stop in that position! Itís a great stopping point for cleaning the window too, especially since I have a WindRestritor installed on mine. Iíve use this method to display at Car Shows also, since mine seems to not hold at that point and tends to drifts forward closed or backwards into the trunk! Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!