Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Raven Black XLR

I have the STLs of the outer lenses and the DRL lenses. I would be willing to swap my STLs for the STL of the reflector. I want to change some of shapes on the reflector for LEDs. Halos would look great in this headlight.

2. Likes Fireduck69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black Tan XLR

So few, amazing. And you are right the modules matter, a lot. I am of a similar mind of how to be able to manage parts that clearly are not easily found. However, the good think about electronic parts is that it is highly probably that the same component is being used elsewhere. I would venture to guess that GM did not have limited product runs of relay or other such items. And I have engineering friends from MIT that tinker with this stuff all the time and could probably find replacements. My problem is not knowing anything about any of it! I am not tying to replace the sun-visors and the C6 is supposed to be compatible but not sure.

Yah - I love the car, but it will require some effort over the long haul. But it will look good next to the red 2020 convertible C8 Z51 i have on allocation at my local corvette dealer.

Still want to replace those DLR lenses. Agh!

Keep me posted

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

07 Black XLR-V

As much as I like the stock lights, I would be very open to new styles made for this car.

I know that small numbers of this car were made but it seems like a simple search of headlights on ebay for any of my other cars produces many options that very in price.

Hope some talented business takes this up before I really need some. I also wish Weather tech made floor mats for this one but...

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black Tan XLR

Yes that among many other things. My Cadillac dealer ever said that taillight and headlight assemblies on come other Cadillac models are very close and since the bodies are fiberglass adapting the panel to take the new and available parts would be cheaper that staying original.

And some are seriously close in shape and style - I looked - and at $3-4k to replace these parts EACH ! Well its a thought - or I need to add a lot more "0" at the end of my bank balance.
    So for now I consider myself lucky and am looking to buy a salvage or really rough high mileage unit and use it for parts.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

vette sun visors do not interchange.

7. Likes pure zen liked this post