Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Question Rear Storage Release Assembly (between the seat backs)

That storage was left with the release knob in the "open position" inadvertently for several days. Now when I close its door and push the release in, it slowly comes back out to the "Open me" position!!I've pushed it in about 10 times, and it won't stay in!!

Question #1- Is there something I can spray in it to remedy it?

Question #2- Are new ones available, and how do you remove and install these?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Storage Compartment Issue:

Storage Compartment Issue

The website SEARCH feature is a wonderful item to use ..... hope that helps?

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

That's great-if you know how to do it; unfortunately I don't- didn't even know there was such a thing...I just clicked on "Search" ans saw nothing that would take me to anything about my problem??? Would you be so kind as to give me STEP BY STEP instructions? Like#1 do this, #2 do this, and so on??

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black XLR-V

I would recommend doing your search on Google it will find links to this and other sites that match your search.
    Search on this site will depend on what app you are using to view it. I use an app called Tapatalk on my iPhone most of the time but it much different than using IE on a computer.

Rear Storage Release Assembly (between the seat backs) rexster314's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

You REALLY need to get a set of GM manuals or Chilton's online manual. Instead of relying on this forum, which may or may not have the info you need.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

I bought (2) GM X L R manuals on the internet about a few months back; they are thick heavy manuals, and of very little use for a lot of these problems. I have looked threw them thoroughly. They seem to leave a lot out, like they want you to go to the dealer!I get more info and better answers on this forum!!

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

posts and photos are not showing up on several of my replies. The manuals are not going to help with anything you want to repair. They will just tell you how to replace the door cover. Not how it works. The other posts had a different problem. he could not get the door open. I think you will find either the little v shaped tip on the latch inside is broken or stuck. if its stuck you can free it with a little probe and lube. if its broken you will need a new door. The latch is not sold separately. You can remove it by prying the two halves of the door apart and then a big nut holds the latch on. The door is not made to take apart and I have posted photos before of where the tabs are so you can try and not break them .They are usually glued together as the door is not a serviceable part made to take apart. I will find a broke latch and post a photo of what you are looking for

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

What lube would you recommend?? Silicone, WD 40, or what??

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

Silicone if you have some . I use petroleum jelly with an ear swab and wipe off the excess but over a long time any petrol product can damage plastic but I figure it may take 25 years so who cares.