Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

Default hard top control modules.

well Gm has finally released the top module that has been on back order and the vulters arealready on ebay. One company claims to have 5 for 600$ .They do not have them. Others that do have them in hand range up to 3000$ for one. Not going to get it .There are maybe 50 out there now and most likely can be bought for under 1000$ I had just finished a repair that works fine but my cost is about 400-500 to get them done. I have a couple of new ones and will just wait a while before releasing the repaired ones until all the expensive new ones are gone. If you need one. let me know I will sell on of my new ones reasonably with an offer. I will continue testing my remanufactured ones until GM stops making them. Based on the way they did the suspension modules, after this batch is gone, I am willing to bet that will be it and the part number 25840734 will be discontinued.

2. Likes pure zen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are these wear items? What happens, do they burn out?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Blue Steel XLR

Good to know that these modules are now available. Even though I presently don't need one I went ahead and ordered one from GmPartsDirect.com. Just in case.... Total cost including shipping is $564.47. Hopefully they were still available when I placed the order! Thanks again for the heads up LTS.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Blue Steel XLR

Well I got this email yesterday from GmPartsDirect.com. Hello and thank you for your order with GMPartsDirect.com.

Unfortunately the part you ordered is on a national back order at this time. GM has cancelled the order since there is no ETA available.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
    Eric
    GMPartsDirect.com

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

that's weird as my dealer said there were like 10 of them in the new jersey area warehouse on Wednesday

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Gold Mist Met. XLR

Quote Originally Posted by long Tall Sally View Post
    that's weird as my dealer said there were like 10 of them in the new jersey area warehouse on Wednesday
    I think some dealers are unfortunately holding out on parts for our cars. I needed 2 hydraulic struts for the struts and my dealer checked and could not find any nationwide and then put out a request. I waited a few days and still no response from dealers. I decided to start calling dealers my self and was lucky enough to find 2 in a dealership in Florida. I asked the parts manager if he had any requests on his system for the part and his answer was no and asked if I still wanted the part. Unfortunately, I had no other choice at the time and he quoted me a price of $368.00 each which was $100.00 more than what was quoted by my dealer.
    2006 Cadillac XLR
    Gold Mist Met/Shale #637
    Corvette Z06 Chrome Wheels
    Drilled and Slotted Rotors
    Painted Brake Calipers
    Goodridge SS Brake Lines
    Volant CAI
    Corsa Exhaust
    Painted Engine Cover
    E&G Classics Fine Mesh Grille
    6000K Headlamps
    6000K Fog Lights

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster Limited #32195
    Pearl Black Clear Coat
    Dk. Slate Grey/Cool Vanilla Two-Tone Interior
    Foose Speedster 5 Chrome Wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR

My Cadillac dealer got me one today and repaired my folding top. Check out my dilemma in "General discussion" Titled "Power top motor runs continuously"