Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 XLR

Quote Originally Posted by drive2fast View Post
    My twin turbo corvette is 10.5 to 1 compression and the dyno tuners say its no problem as long as you don't go over 8 psi boost.The eaton supercharger only boosts 7 psi so with a proper tune it shouldn't be a problem, also both the xlrv and xlr cars use the same ecm and wiring but just a different loaded tune. There was 40 of these chargers for sale 2 months ago and there is about 10 left so if interested you should get one soon. The other thing to consider is how hard you plan to drive the car. When i drive my xlrv it is so much more responsive and fun to drive but i am not hammering it and taking it to the race track to beat on. So i don't believe this modification will cause any big problems.I am going to investigate this a little more before i start the swap.
    It's amazing to me what these computers can do with these engines nowadays, I never would of imagined getting 750 hp out of a car like they are on pump gas in some cases. What type of programming are you running on your Vette? Some how your ignition advance is retarding with boost, curious as to what type of turbo setup you are running, and who programmed the computer? Anything can be done with the right amount of money and expertise.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 xlrv black, 06 corvette vert, 70 amx black,08 xlr black

I am running a APS twin turbo set up with meth injection to cool down the fuel charge. I have had it dyno tunned twice once at mopac in my area and once in bellingham wa. I have a boost a pump controller for extra fuel and just the stock ecm. I am at the limit of hp unless i upgrade the motor and everything behind the motor. When my car was built in 06 700hp at the motor was impressive and now guys are running 1000 hp at the wheels. My buddy has a new demon with 840 hp from the factory and he has run 9.65 in the quarter mile. I wonder where the factory hp wars are going, will the insurance companies put a stop to it like they did in the 70's

3. Likes Vetter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 XLR

I am running a APS twin turbo set up with meth injection to cool down the fuel charge. I have had it dyno tunned twice once at mopac in my area and once in bellingham wa. I have a boost a pump controller for extra fuel and just the stock ecm. I am at the limit of hp unless i upgrade the motor and everything behind the motor. When my car was built in 06 700hp at the motor was impressive and now guys are running 1000 hp at the wheels. My buddy has a new demon with 840 hp from the factory and he has run 9.65 in the quarter mile. I wonder where the factory hp wars are going, will the insurance companies put a stop to it like they did in the 70's
    Very impressive! I would of never thought you could achieve even low numbers of boost with just adding a cooling charge and more fuel on a higher compression engine. Sounds like a cool setup.
    It just shows how far different methods of technology have come, and I haven't been keeping up to date on the information.
    I will be following if you decide to do this. I will do more research myself to find out why GM went to a 4.4 when supercharging, and see what type of tune they used. I would want to keep the driveability and dependability over speed atleast for my XLR. But maybe with adding a stock supercharger with a few mods that wont make much of a difference with the right tune?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 #67

Lightbulb

...My buddy has a new demon with 840 hp from the factory...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetter View Post
    ...It just shows how far different methods of technology have come...,
    Hi guys,
    In all truth I am / was, more of a bike guy than car guy, ...have either of you seen the current offerings from say, Yamaha or BMW? I really needed the 'facepalm smiley' as I read the specs the other day of the 2020 Yamaha R1 / R1M which for a liter bike, is now at 200 horsepower normally aspirated.

It fascinates me how quickly (bad pun) the technology is accelerating (sorry, bad pun again). And that's not just the engine what with bikes being a bit trickier handling-wise imho. Here's a link to the R1M if you're not aware and if it might interest you to read: 2020 Yamaha YZF-R1M Supersport Motorcycle - Model Home

See, I still can't believe that anyone with a wallet can walk in and buy one of these. For all intents and purpose, imho and in my ex-professional opinion, these sort of bikes should have always only be made available to people with appropriate credentials.

Sadly, that's really not the case. Over on this end of the country, road-going motorcycles are all but gone due to the young go-fasters doing themselves in and causing the 'no fault insurance' scheme to become too costly, making street-able motorcycle riding pretty close to a thing of the past.

Anyway, take 200 hp / liter and do some math, and I think car manufacturers today may actually be holding back what could be currently possible. Gaak!

Gord

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 XLR

Those bikes have to be crazy fast!
    A friend of mine had a Hayabusa which he would frequently ride that thing above 200 mph at extended times, just crazy to me! I'm a Harley guy, like to cruise the speed limit and enjoy the scenery!

7. Likes long Tall Sally liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 #67

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Vetter View Post
    Those bikes have to be crazy fast!
    A friend of mine had a Hayabusa which he would frequently ride that thing above 200 mph at extended times, just crazy to me! I'm a Harley guy, like to cruise the speed limit and enjoy the scenery!
    Howdy,
    Oooh - Hayabusas have been wicked quick since the onset. If I recall, they had to throw speed regulators on to them for something like only (ha) 186 MPH. It's a street bike, come on!!

Yes, they are really fast, top speed, accelerating and braking, and coincidentally I was discussing them with a more 'suspension dedicated' colleague not a week ago. We both figured that without all the electronics, they would be all but unmanageable to anyone except perhaps those with exceptional experience and skill. And nerve.

So imagine, 6 liters of that sort of technology under someone's hood? !!

Shame in a way as at the point in time we seem to have reached (I think?) - the technological peak of the internal combustion engine, yet probably in the next decade they'll all be thrown away as dinosaurs - replaced by electrics. I would miss the sound terribly.

Ride safe!

Gord

p.s. It has no purpose other than 'to be'. There's no real race class for it other than perhaps drag racing. Just a pure exercise in 'watch what we can do'. Holy smokes.

9. Likes Vetter liked this post
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

I used to ride but I always had a pretty bike. You drove slow so people could look at it. ( and not get hurt)