Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Question upper center console storage compartment (between seat backs)

What was used at the factory to hold the door on to the storage box? I can buy a door on Ebay, and remove the whole unit to install it; but would I have a problem with attaching it to the box? I.E.; does it use screws or rivets to attach it to the box- and would any major issues be involved doing it?

The push button on mine is always out, and when I push it in, it won't stay in! I lubed it with silicone, to no avail??? ( even if I hold it in for 30 seconds!!) Then I flushed it with carburetor cleaner; still no good!!

I wish I knew how that push button worked- what made it stay in- then I might be able to fix it!!
    Last edited by Steve Lee; 02-11-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Just bought a nice one ,the whole storage box w/lid, in my color, Shale , for $100.00, with free shipping!! And Guaranteed that the "open button" works properly!! I still would like answers to the questions on my previous post; it might be "fixable!"
    Last edited by Steve Lee; 02-18-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 silver XLR

upper center console storage compartment  (between seat backs)-sans-titre-jpgSteeve.

Enclosed is.

IAN

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

I was always refering to the one between the seat backs. That's what I bought for $100.00, and installed about 3 days ago.