Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Show Us Your XLR 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Quote Originally Posted by omc40 View Post
    Recent purchase and just love it with 20K miles, but that won't be the case for long.
    Congrats!
    You will be cruzin with fast class now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan & Wendy
    " 05 GRAND DADDY"
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default GM CEO

Hi, yep it was signed by Rick Wagner, the ceo that was ousted during the finanical crisis. So maybe when I'm 100 years old that signature will be worth money....just kidd-in. I glad at least he signed on the inside of the door not on the dash like some celebs.
    The XLR's are a great car and I'm really impressed with the "V" handling, as for the interior its dark gray and suede seats and black dash, not so light. How's the mpg's on your V, I came back from Michigan mostly highway and I was getting 25-26 which is alot more than expected.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Black Black XLR-V

Default GM CEO

Bob
    I thought that was the car. I always track the V's on ebay. I would have bought that one if I was really looking. With the car history I don't think you couldn't go wrong with that deal. Your interior is gray and black? The first long trip I made was from Akron Oh. to Stuart Fl. I ask my wife to check the mileage on the first tank and she told me it was 28. I was amazed ,but thought she had to make a mistake. I checked it on the second tank and it was a shade more than 28. Isn't technology wonderful. You can have a machine that moves that fast and still get that kind of mileage!! I'm very impressed by the performance. That supercharger gives it to you when you want it. I guess you are aware of the performance mode. I've been impressed with the car since I've owned it. (09) Does yours have any certified warranty with it. Mine came with 21/2 years of certified warranty. Knock on wood I did not have to use it. If you like convertibles you won't want to give that one up. If you have any question on it I will be glad to answer them I try to learn everything I can about them. There are two forum's on XLR's and they have thousands of discussions and answer that are invaluable.
    V Happy

Post Thanks / Like

Default XLR-V

V-Happy
    Yes I am tickled with the performance and I glad to hear these V's can get good mileage on the road. I've been used to street-rods and lucky to get 12-local 20-trip. The interior is caledd Ebony which is gray and Black, and the Shale interior is the the ligher color in Beige. I would think they would reversed, but I'm a guy and what do we know about colors.
    I've been using the web the past few months to gather as much info(invaluable) about these XLR's as possible. Amazing the amount of info you can get. I'm planning to make a run down to our Bradenton Fl home in the next few months (top Up). At least I can go topless when I get in FL.
    By the way, I don't have any warranties, what company did you use?
    Enjoy-Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Default Covers

Quote Originally Posted by XLRATING View Post
    Congrats & enjoy! Love the color Get some good driving time in before winter hits.
    Thanks, where did you get your custom hood and trunk cover?
    I guess I have to wait until I get down to FL before I can go topless.
    Bob-

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black Raven XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by omc40 View Post
    Thanks, where did you get your custom hood and trunk cover?
    I guess I have to wait until I get down to FL before I can go topless.
    Bob-
    Congrats and enjoy your new ride!!

You can purchase the hood and trunk liner from http://carmotorsports.com/ ask for AJ.

XLRATING is my wife and I'm pretty familiar with her XLR.

Mike
    '07 XLR V & '06 XLR "His & Hers" Life is Good

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

This is the Warranty Co. (See link) I used no deductible but you are responsible for diagnostic charge on any fluids - coolant , oils, ect....and as all warranty they do not cover any regular maintenance things shocks, tires, wipers, ect!

http://www.route66warranty.com

I had 55 k when I bought the warranty the package deal I bought was 100k or 5 years which every come first! They pay direct to the repair shop by credit card, no out of pocket money and I believe it cost around $1800.00 for the warranty!
    I got the offer from Penn Fed Credit Union when I refinanced the car at a very low interest rate! I've already got $1800.00 back over 2 1/2 years of use! Pays to check around though? May be some better deals out there?
    GOOK LUCK!

Dan & Wendy
    " 05 GRAND DADDY"
    WENDY & DAN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warrenty

Quote Originally Posted by 05 GRAND DADDY View Post
    This is the Warranty Co. (See link) I used no deductible but you are responsible for diagnostic charge on any fluids - coolant , oils, ect....and as all warranty they do not cover any regular maintenance things shocks, tires, wipers, ect!

http://www.route66warranty.com

I had 55 k when I bought the warranty the package deal I bought was 100k or 5 years which every come first! They pay direct to the repair shop by credit card, no out of pocket money and I believe it cost around $1800.00 for the warranty!
    I got the offer from Penn Fed Credit Union when I refinanced the car at a very low interest rate! I've already got $1800.00 back over 2 1/2 years of use! Pays to check around though? May be some better deals out there?
    GOOK LUCK!

Dan & Wendy
    " 05 GRAND DADDY"
    Thanks for the info, I'll check some of these companies out.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Cool Newbie checking in,,,,

Show Us Your XLR-r-xlr-jpg

New to the forum,,,, and recently bought the above, one owner, 23K mile, flawless '05 XLR in March. Sold '06 Viper SRT coupe and classic, resto, '69 Camaro to get away from shifting gears (knee pain),,,and needed a replacement car. Love the car, and plan on a 4K mile trip this summer.

10. Likes graytoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Welcome to forum and bunch of awesome XLR Friends here with a lot of knowledge about this awesome computerized rides! If you got questions about your XLR here's the place to usually someone has an answer! Check out the upcoming events may be you can tie a XLR gathering into your already scheduled 4K trip! Awe and KNEE thing! I got it too! Nice thing with our XLR is you can still enjoy the shifting without a clutch!
    So happing topless "Cruzin" and enjoy your new ride!

Dan & Wendy
    "05 GRAND DADDY"
    WENDY & DAN

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Welcome to the forum. I love your car. I have a 06 infrared. I purchased back in oct of 12. She had 20758 miles. Right now she has under 30 k.
    I still love her. The thing in kicking myself is I was out of country for the gathering last yr in bowling green ky.

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye372 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I love your car.

The thing in kicking myself is I was out of country for the gathering last yr in bowling green ky.
    Like your XLR Hawkeye,,,,and Dan & Wendy's as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

We were lucky enough to go through the Bowling Green plant back in 2006 (with another car club we belong to)...watching the Corvettes go down the line, while the XLRs had there own, exclusive 'studio' type rooms for assembly,,,,as I recall. Also went through the Vette museum across the road....both are a trip worth taking if you ever get near Bowling Green.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 - Thunder Gray - XLR

Default Very very nice....

Quote Originally Posted by pure zen View Post
    Show Us Your XLR-r-xlr-jpg

New to the forum,,,, and recently bought the above, one owner, 23K mile, flawless '05 XLR in March. Sold '06 Viper SRT coupe and classic, resto, '69 Camaro to get away from shifting gears (knee pain),,,and needed a replacement car. Love the car, and plan on a 4K mile trip this summer.
    Loving the pics and welcome to the forum family...Show Us Your XLR-sparkle-23-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 xlr

Default My 2004 XLR

39,000 miles. Corsa exhaust, Volant dual cold air intake, chrome grille from the 2008 Platinum Edition, and 19" chrome XLR OEM rims.
    Attached Images Attached Images Show Us Your XLR-img_0619-1-jpg Show Us Your XLR-img_0622-1-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven, Ebony

Default Show Us Your XLR

Stopped by the shop as they were finishing up the new Corsa Exhaust today. Evidently two bolts on the rear sway bar that thead into the frame were incorrect. Should get it tomorrow. Also had to have the A/C charged as the refrigerant had leaked out over the winter. Has anyone else had similar issues? He put dye in the refrigerant last year and can't find any leaks.

He fired it up while I was there, sounds awesome.

Last edited by nerkpowers; 06-16-2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: my bad grammar
    Mods
    Corsa Exhaust
    Rear Sway Bar
    Eline Drilled and Slotted Rotors
    Infrared/Silver powder coated calipers
    Embroidered Trunk Lid Liner

17. Likes graytoad liked this post