Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Excaliber

Default Wanted, Right Rear TailLight

I need a good working right rear taillight. I am going to have mine fixed but would like to have a spare if I keep this car.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black XLR V, 2005 Black XLR, 2000 Black DTX, 2010 Black CTX, 2007 SRX

These things are sooooo hard to find. I just drove my base 2005 (knew I had a few LED's out) and noticed the Rt turn signal flashing fast. Checked the front bulb and it is fine ... the back tail light has ALL of the inside LED's out ... only the outside line of LED's are working. So that is probably why its flashing fast. I too, am going to get mine repaired (had replaced the left side about 5 years ago - still have the bad one). I think REPAIRING these are the only way to go now (replacements are going for $2,000 to $4,000 each). I have two XLR's in my garage ... hard to believe that I have up to $16,000 worth of tail lights sitting there. Almost makes it worth it to just buy a high mileage 2004 or 2005, just for "parts". Its pretty scary. Good luck on your search (I just found one with only (1) LED bad - for $1,4,00 on EBAY. Better than my current one... and now I have a complete SET (to get fully repaired) for either XLR I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by PLH View Post
    I need a good working right rear taillight. I am going to have mine fixed but would like to have a spare if I keep this car.
    Chicago Dave

"Everything in life happens somewhere else ... why not have fun getting there and in style"

3. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoDave View Post
    These things are sooooo hard to find. I just drove my base 2005 (knew I had a few LED's out) and noticed the Rt turn signal flashing fast. Checked the front bulb and it is fine ... the back tail light has ALL of the inside LED's out ... only the outside line of LED's are working. So that is probably why its flashing fast. I too, am going to get mine repaired (had replaced the left side about 5 years ago - still have the bad one). I think REPAIRING these are the only way to go now (replacements are going for $2,000 to $4,000 each). I have two XLR's in my garage ... hard to believe that I have up to $16,000 worth of tail lights sitting there. Almost makes it worth it to just buy a high mileage 2004 or 2005, just for "parts". Its pretty scary. Good luck on your search (I just found one with only (1) LED bad - for $1,4,00 on EBAY. Better than my current one... and now I have a complete SET (to get fully repaired) for either XLR I have.
    What’s really sad!!!! Is our XLR Cars are worth more in parts then what they are to sell the whole car ( just shaking my head!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior

Hey

.....................and that is the way that the Allante went. People began buying them as they are worth more in parts than as a whole car (depending on condition)

Bill

6. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Excaliber

It is a shame that we are held up by lights and maybe other parts on this fine car. I really like ours and my wife likes it also but I am not sure what we will do with it when we get it all fixed up

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Red XLR / 2007 XLR-V

PLH, There was a posting not too long ago that showed pictures of a tail light an individual made. It's the same shape of the original tail light but the guts are different. If you go on the hunt you may find the postings. I don't know if that individual will make more but it's a good place to start.
    John F.