Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Black XLR-V

Default Engine Hot- No AC

I have a 2009 XLRv and I am getting the above warning on the LED panel. It first happened last year and I took the car into the local dealer service and after having it for a day and running a half of a tank of gas through the engine at idle, they gave the car back to me with a bill for $160 along with their apologies.... they were stumped!

I took the car and after spending a week fooling around with it, I decided to replace the battery. Presto! The message went out and everything went back to normal.
    Now the message has returned and also the AC has stopped as well. Unlike before, I can turn the message off with the Reset button but that is the extent of the cure.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and can enlighten me? Because the AC has ceased to work I either have to get a kit to charge it or take it back again to my local dealer and hope that he has a new tech in the service area.

Williegeno

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Lightbulb

I'm assuming your last year trip to the dealer was a Cadillac dealer service department? Since they were 'stumped' on the last go-round, I think I would find a Chevy dealership that sells lots of Corvettes, or a independent shop which specializes in Vettes, and let them track down your problem with a Tech who works mainly on Vettes. Those Techs are usually the best wrenches that the service departments have and are more familiar with the workings of these cars. Just my opinion....

p z
    http://www.xlr-net.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6664&d=1473338578

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Black XLR-V

Yes it was a Cadillac dealership. Your suggestion is a good one and I will pursue it.

Thanks again,
    Williegeno

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior

I received this message a couple of years ago. My dealer determined it was a faulty thermostat... replaced it and have had no further incidents.

LED upgrades: interior/exterior
    Plasmaglow Lightning Eyes (white/amber)
    Aft flank turn/brake indicators (LED)
    6000K Headlights
    6000K HID fog lamps
    CarbonXP 35 Window Tint
    Wind Restrictor with Glow Module/Ghosting
    Embroidered underhood/trunk deck lid insulator
    Custom Floor Mats (Lloyd's)
    Lockpick iPod module
    Mild to Wild exhaust baffle control
    Brushed stainless fuse box cover
    Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (4 X 255/40-19)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infared XLR-V

Been there, done that. Common problem, most likely the thermostat.

2006 Infared XLR-V built 4/2006, Sold new 8/24/2006 @ 36 miles. Purchased as second owner 7/22/09 @ 40,151 miles, as of 1/2017 80,000 miles
    Ligenfelter Varimax PWM Intercooler Coolant Pump, D3 Stage 1 & 2 Intake, Wait4me tune, Texas Mile 154.6 MPH 10/26/2012
    Other Caddys 2005 Infared STS 133,000 miles, 1990 Red Allante 154,000 miles & 1994 Fleetwood Brougham 227,000 miles
    Member of Allante' XLR Houston Club:
    www.allanteclubofamerica.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=179768&module_id=5 322