Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Question Windshield Pillar Trim ( interior)

Is this an easy part to replace? I.E., Is it just held on by a couple of clips and pryed off, and snapped back on?
    Last edited by Steve Lee; 02-09-2018 at 12:05 PM. Reason: typo

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Default snaps on

here is a used one on ebay and you can see the backside where the clips are. they may stay in the hole on the car when you pull the trim off. The new trim that I doubt you can get will have them on it.

CADILLAC XLR INTERIOR A-PILLAR TRIM MOLDINGS SET-2 WINDSHIELD SIDE PANEL OEM | eBay

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Wink N.O,S. w/shield pillar trim

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytee View Post
    here is a used one on ebay and you can see the backside where the clips are. they may stay in the hole on the car when you pull the trim off. The new trim that I doubt you can get will have them on it.

CADILLAC XLR INTERIOR A-PILLAR TRIM MOLDINGS SET-2 WINDSHIELD SIDE PANEL OEM | eBay

I have a brand new one coming. I got it for $69.74 + 9.95 shipping! If that part just has clips on it to attach it, I feel safe to assume that it will just pop off with my plastic upholstery tools. Is that a safe assumption kind sir???

I also recently got (2) beautiful tail lights out of Venezuela for $5,000.00 +$150.00 shipping, and got another on Ebay for $3,800.00. There are a lot of parts out there, you just have to search diligently, and be willing to pay the price. Now I have (2) good tail lights on my XLR, (1) to be repaired, and (2) like new in stock.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Default picture

I just sent that link to show you what the back looked like so you could see how to remove it I would really like to see the source of the trim part you are getting for that price. . The one guy on ebay seemed pretty sure he had that part locked down and wanted triple that price and had sold several at the 200$ price.. It would be nice to share when you get it. I sort of doubt you will. I have seen too many sites sell something and then in a week or two tell you its back ordered or no longer available and send your money back. There are plenty of taillights in almost new condition out there for 2500 each. Apparently most people including the insurance s companies think that is too much as yet another car was totaled for lack of a taillight and a 1/4 panel. easy 6-8000 fix but a 20,00 car was totaled. I have also read of theft of these parts on the rise.