Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 2007xlr-v

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007xlr/v

Default 2007xlr-v

making a buzzing sound when driving a fixed speed. when i bearly accelerate it stops. sounds like exaust. had it checked its ok. does anyone know what it may be. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 (red) with wire grrile

Hi Tony,

I had a similar set of circumstances with my 2007, it had almost 30K miles on it when I purchased it this summer. Several XLR members suggested that the problem might be related to the fluid that was originally used to lubricate the differential... that a more modern and up dated more "slippery" oil does away with noises associated with a limited slip differential, and also, in some cases, a literal "hop" when parking the vehicle and moving in reverse or forward at dead slow speeds.

My noise disappeared as I drove the car more regularly, but I do plan to invest in a differential oil change as well as other libricants that are now over a decade old. I hope this helps, James