Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven, Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by mike.perkins17 View Post
    Hello
    Hello
    Try doing a search for ‘Top Hydraulics’, this is an outfit out if Oregon who rebuilds folding top hydraulics for all of the luxury cars. Link to previous discussion below.

folding top problem 06 V.
    Cadillac XLR Net Forums - Cadillac XLR Forum - Cadillac XLR and Cadillac XLR-V Forums | Blog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mods
    Corsa Exhaust
    Rear Sway Bar
    Eline Drilled and Slotted Rotors
    Infrared/Silver powder coated calipers
    Embroidered Trunk Lid Liner

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Crimson Pearl (Red) XLR

Mike
    i met a guy in rockwall that owns 2 XLR’s and he swears by Autocraft in Rockwall. I just had Autocraft replace my entire fuel system due to a leak ($2,600.00) and they have several customers with Xlr’s that they do work for.
    If you call them, Tell DD the receptionist, or Randy the owner, i referred you, (i don't get anything for that 😂 but just so they will know) Autocraft (972) 772-5121. Also They are about to change out my struts. I have another guy tgat can handle your tail lights if you need those repaired. He replaced all of my tail lights for less than Half what the other guy wanted to charge me for one.

Let me know if you need his number

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 (red) with wire grrile

How many miles are on your XLR? While we can only guess at the number of cycles for the top, it would be of some consequence if your car is high mileage? Then there's the other important factor, which, I believe is the great unknown... what is the service life for the system? Is it time sensitive-- notion being that even if not cycled much, plastic and seals simply age and leak? James

Post Thanks / Like

😆 ok I'll let them know!! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Black XLR

New member, I was told the pump/motor was a discontinued part, no one could find one. Viewed the XLR forum for the first time and located one within 10 mns. Great help, thank you for that. Just purchased the pump/motor from top hydraulics. Dealership wants 2.6 hours to replace, sound reasonable. Would attempt to do it myself if not overly complicated. Looking for a recommendation there. Is there more to it then a quick swap out? I would like to understand why this happened in the first place. Had just completed the top down sequence when 5 mns later the pump/motor unit overheated severely, I was told the thermal temperature sensor cooked. Did it reengage or possibly not disengage during the normal sequence operation? Retain your old pump, send it back to top hydraulics for a $400 rebate. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black XLR-V

Top hyd has an installation video on YouTube. Watch it and determine your level of ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Black XLR

Considering the hydraulic lines I let the dealer handle it, also covered by warranty. New pump/motor in and works great. Dealership was impressed by the good condition all is well.