Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black Base

Default Break pads and rotors

Need to replace and looking for suggestions. I only drive about 3k miles a year and trying to watch cost. I see them on ebay for XLR and Corvette, complete sets starting around $200 and up for drilled & slotted with pads. Are these junk? Must I spend $400+ or is there a less-expensive brand that I can buy with some confidence?

Thanks all!

Break pads and rotors rexster314's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

That low mileage should let you turn the rotors at a auto parts store. Buy name brand stuff. The old saying holds true. You get what you pay for

Break pads and rotors nerkpowers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven, Ebony

Try R1 Concepts. They make aftermarket rotors and sell name brand pads. Iíve had these 4 years and have been happy. I got the zinc coated, wish I would paid s bit more and got the black rotors. I got the Posi-quiet pads, but others here swear by Hawk. Either way the ceramic pads reduce dusting. Go to Retailmenot.com and enter in R1 Concepts. They usually have a 20% off code for pads+ rotor purchase. Good luck.
    R1 Concepts Performance Brake Parts – Brake Rotors, Brake kits, Brake Pads, Brake Accessories, Rotor Disc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mods
    Corsa Exhaust
    Rear Sway Bar
    Eline Drilled and Slotted Rotors
    Infrared/Silver powder coated calipers
    Embroidered Trunk Lid Liner

4. Likes Mark0polo, XLRV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black Base

Quote Originally Posted by nerkpowers View Post
    Try R1 Concepts. They make aftermarket rotors and sell name brand pads. Iíve had these 4 years and have been happy. I got the zinc coated, wish I would paid s bit more and got the black rotors. I got the Posi-quiet pads, but others here swear by Hawk. Either way the ceramic pads reduce dusting. Go to Retailmenot.com and enter in R1 Concepts. They usually have a 20% off code for pads+ rotor purchase. Good luck.
    R1 Concepts Performance Brake Parts Ė Brake Rotors, Brake kits, Brake Pads, Brake Accessories, Rotor Disc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the replies. Appreciate the help!