Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Crystal Red XLR-V

Default Driver seat loose?

So... When I stop, it feels like the driver's seat moves forward just a little. If I try to push it forward or back with my legs, it doesn't seem to move. It does not seem to be loose on the floor. (again) Does this sound like something y'all have experienced as typical of the design, or should I dig into it further? It's a really strange sensation - you feel it move and instinctively try to wiggle it around with your weight, but it won't move again. I never notice it sliding backwards when I drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Bob,

This sounds like the same issue some of the C5 & C6 Corvettes had. Read the following and determine if that's what your problem is.

Welcome to LIEBLWEB.com's Corvette Rocking Seat Fix!

Quote Originally Posted by MRPCTCL View Post
    So... When I stop, it feels like the driver's seat moves forward just a little. If I try to push it forward or back with my legs, it doesn't seem to move. It does not seem to be loose on the floor. (again) Does this sound like something y'all have experienced as typical of the design, or should I dig into it further? It's a really strange sensation - you feel it move and instinctively try to wiggle it around with your weight, but it won't move again. I never notice it sliding backwards when I drive.

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Crystal Red XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post
    Bob,

This sounds like the same issue some of the C5 & C6 Corvettes had. Read the following and determine if that's what your problem is.

Welcome to LIEBLWEB.com's Corvette Rocking Seat Fix!

That sounds exactly right. Iíll add it to the winter project list. Thanks!

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2013 Graphite Metallic XTS Platinum

Had the same issue. The nylon washers to fix it cost less than fifty cents. I've attached a few pics to help; the vette write-up works well. The seat is deceptively heavy, so cover the sill to avoid scratching it when removing it. I've uploaded these photos before, so I might have included a procedure too.

CC

Driver seat loose?-installed-nylon-washers-jpgDriver seat loose?-worn-rubber-pads-jpgDriver seat loose?-slide-retaining-fastener-jpgDriver seat loose?-cover-fasteners-jpgDriver seat loose?-seat-connectors-jpg

5. Likes long Tall Sally, David_B liked this post